8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'06 dyno posted at VTEC.net. You have to be registered to view the article.
VTEC.net Article

Image courtesy of VTEC.net :)

Highlights - Dyno runs were 197.9, 204, and 209 (airbox cover removed) hub hp. Stock RSX-Ss have dynoed 185 - 190 on the same dyno :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, but if you read the article there is good reason to believe they were given a ringer car, probably not likely to see those numbers in an Si availabe to the rest of us

·
Registered
436 Posts
thats awesome. maybe the ex will dyno higher than 140hp

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jp375 said:
yes, but if you read the article there is good reason to believe they were given a ringer car, probably not likely to see those numbers in an Si availabe to the rest of us
We can always hope...

·
Registered
2 Posts
kadenx said:
i dont think a wheel on the hub would make a dramatic difference but i hope they under rated the whole lineup!
The car over all would be laying down in the 170 range of power to the ground. There is more then just the wheels that take power from the engine. All that rotating weight + friction going on between parts like the clutch & flywheel, the output shaft & all the gears etc.. There is a good deal of areas that take a little power here & there, still good numbers though :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
that dyno was with a non broken in car. the dyno'd one with 3000 miles that another shop had that put down 214

·
Registered
204 Posts
chucksu said:
The car over all would be laying down in the 170 range of power to the ground. There is more then just the wheels that take power from the engine. All that rotating weight + friction going on between parts like the clutch & flywheel, the output shaft & all the gears etc.. There is a good deal of areas that take a little power here & there, still good numbers though :)
I think thats a bit much for a hub to wheel loss. That dyno was at the hubs which still accounts for rotating weight + friction going on between parts like the clutch & flywheel, the output shaft & all the gears etc. The hub to wheel loss would be a maybe 10 ponies at the most

·
Registered
46 Posts
kadenx said:
I'd say sub 15's with a good driver
i was hoping high 14's.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts