8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone on here talks about chirping between first and second please help me out on how to do this.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you either redline first or close...shift to second I always chirp lol ..i don't do it that much cause attention grabber "cops".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure why it would be needed? If you want to really give it a shot make sure you engine is warm... You can turn VSA off take her to 8k in first and shift quickly into 2nd. That should give the chirp you are looking for. Again I don't see the reason for it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i dont why it would be needed just thought it would be cool to try it and i have an 06 si so no VSA. But i mean i take it all the way to red line shift second quick and pop the clutch and instead of chirping it gives a hell of a pull.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have done it once or twice, it was not intended, actually the first time it happened I was a little surprised. When it has happened I was stopped waiting to get on the highway ramp, I took it all the way in first and when I hit 2nd she chirped.

Usually I get just the really strong pull as well, its ideal anyway :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it my tires? or im i just not doing it right. I when i shift into second i dont even take my foot off the gas i just shift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your power/speed shifting? I usually let my foot off the gas and then back on it as soon as its in gear. So I can't speak to that part.

possibly the speed shifting doesn't have stop/start or on/off of regular shifting, but I just don't know.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you're power shifting and if that's the case you still should...I chirp every gear in my srt-4 when i power shift i don't see why your chirping first

·
Registered
212 Posts
dude, i'm chirping into third easy.. its just a matter of how fast you are really. gas the hell out of it, put a little pressure on the shifter before you shift, hit 8k and clutch in and out as fast as you can go.. its not good for your car AT ALL, but it gets you going.

·
Registered
68 Posts
starting at zero:

depress clutch, move shifter to 1
release clutch as you press accelerator
push accelerator to floor until little red light flashes
take foot off of accelerator, press clutch to floor, move gear selector to 2, release clutch while simultaneously pushing accelerator to floor
hear "chirp"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts