8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Si vtec decal (the one that will be on the side) and other 06 civic parts/accessories? Preferably in Canada so shipping is less (better if its a store/shop someone knows of). Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I personally am against that idea. First of all, the R18 is a SOHC i-VTEC engine. The sticker clearly states DOHC.

Second of all, when someone tries to race you and beats you, they'll claim they beat the new Si. Not saying you specifically, but people prone to putting stickers and decals on are also prone to race someone whether it be instigated or provoked.

But if you want parts, well, you can get them from your local Honda dealers. This SHOULD guarantee authentic parts. Online is another option. This includes eBay and online stores like http://www.collegehillshonda.com/civicaccessories.htm, http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (does not have 2006 Civic yet), http://www.handaaccessories.com/civic.html and many others.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
I don't think skanwar's question is as serious as Scourge is making it out. I believe this is a simple case of "looks".

I know plenty of people putting AEM stickers on their car when there are no exhaust modifications done at all. But it "looks cool" so they put in on there anyway. Silly if you ask me. Anyone who has done their homework and has two eyeballs will be able to tell what a real Si and DOHC Civic looks like.

And to answer skanwar's question, I don't believe anyone has made any of those stickers yet because the Si isn't officially out yet. Although I suspect that literally any minute now someone will remedy that situation and come out with plenty to purchase online.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason pretty much got what I wanted lol. I don't think anyone could mistake an EX coupe for an Si, and I don't plan to go around racing people with 140hp. I just wanted to add it cus it looks good. Its just an option, there are many other decals that look good too (love the momo ones).

Regardless, thx for all replies.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
^^ lol

ricer!!!
lol

dont do that... thats why people says us that HONDA is the ricest company and CIVIC the model

·
Registered
241 Posts
jasonandre said:
I don't think skanwar's question is as serious as Scourge is making it out. I believe this is a simple case of "looks".

I know plenty of people putting AEM stickers on their car when there are no exhaust modifications done at all. But it "looks cool" so they put in on there anyway. Silly if you ask me. Anyone who has done their homework and has two eyeballs will be able to tell what a real Si and DOHC Civic looks like.

And to answer skanwar's question, I don't believe anyone has made any of those stickers yet because the Si isn't officially out yet. Although I suspect that literally any minute now someone will remedy that situation and come out with plenty to purchase online.
why do you say aem makes exhaust modifications? dc sports does it who they are partnered with but if you put an aem sticker on when you have another type of exhaust why, aem makes intakes we all know that or should,. but obviously i know they also make pullies, cam gears, ecus among other things

·
Banned
325 Posts
Just get a nice looking SOHC i-Vtec Sticker. That would actually make sense.

Here's one: its not an i-Vtec, but you could get the DOHC i-Vtec decal and just use the SOHC instead of the DOHC

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good call.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
When I peel my decals off, you can have them.

Nothing makes me laugh more when I see a car with decals or badging from a similar, but better car on it. Like Type R badges on a regular Integra or Si decals on anything but an Si.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts