8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I test drove the FA5 today in GG (not the color I want) but after driving it I realized this is definitely what I want (even though I was pretty sure before). I LOVED the car....perfect for what I need & it's a sedan I actually like & think is sporty. I'm fairly tall w/ an athletic build, so I felt more comfortable in the sedan than the coupe that I test drove a few weeks ago.

Anyways, I've narrowed it down to 3 colors....which should I go with? persuade me....

As of right now, this is the order I am thinking:

#1) Taffeta White - Classy, Clean, Looks extremely good on the Si, never have owned a white car, hard to find a white w/ black interior ( I LOVE black interior) which is probably the main reason I've never owned white. As of right now, this is my #1 choice...hard to find though (which is a negative).

#2) Alabaster Silver - Again, Classy, Clean, Easy to care for, does look somewhat ordinary on the Si (which could be a good think I guess), I did own a Silver Prelude which was nice, but it is kind of a plain color & overly popular color.

#3) Fiji Blue Pearl - Standout-ish, Definitely doesn't look like an ordinary EX or LX model b/c of the color alone, Could be a tiring color (especially since I plan on keeping the car for 5+ years), similar to the Electron Blue Pearl, which I had on my 01 Prelude & I got tired of it b/c it looked kinda purple at times. This is the easiest color to find around here...almost every dealer has at least one FBP.

So with that said, which should I go with?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^

Reasons why?

PERSUADE me to go w/ one over the other 2... keep in mind, it'll be the sedan, so pick the best color for the 4dr.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Taffy or Fiji.

Man tough choice. They both look 100x better in person than pictures. When I saw my first Fiji Si, it look amazing. But I love my TW, since it is rare.

TW = Rare
Fiji= Exclusive Color

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
taffy white

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Prelude2Si said:
^^

Reasons why?

PERSUADE me to go w/ one over the other 2... keep in mind, it'll be the sedan, so pick the best color for the 4dr.
You'll never get the depth of shine and "pop" with Taffy or ASM. However, both colors look stunning on the FA5. To me, it depends more on how and where you will be driving your car. If it is a dd that won't be washed much, go with ASM. If you want a car that looks super tough with tint and wheels, go with the Taffy White. If you want paint that will knock your socks off and get lots of stares from others, get Fiji Blue.

Not to persuade you, but here is my FBP FA5 and why I feel it is the best color for the FA5:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
taffy white 100%!

That was my second choice after NBP... sometimes I wish I got the white about 5hrs after I wash my car and it's all dusty/dirty again...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^ those pics right there made me consider the Fiji....I'm just afraid I'll get tired of it like I did w/ my Electron Blue Pearl Prelude. The main reason I got tired of it was b/c it went purple in certain lighting. Loved the color on sunny days though.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Pardon me for being biased, but...

All my friends with civics said they wish they got white.

Everytime I go out to meets, despite my car not being cosmetically changed in any way, I seem to always get the looks.

If you keep white clean, and keep that tire shine on, its hard to look away. White, speaking for the color itself not just on cars, stands out the most because it reflects the entire prism, so you are always going to be "stuntin" whether it be broad daylight, dusk, or night.

Honestly, blue is my favorite color, and I like it. As far as car color though, white is just too good. Its unfair almost.

Silver, well, lets just say.. eh.

Here is the first day I got the car.

Here is me in action. Notice how sexy it looks on the road.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Prelude2Si said:
^^ those pics right there made me consider the Fiji....I'm just afraid I'll get tired of it like I did w/ my Electron Blue Pearl Prelude. The main reason I got tired of it was b/c it went purple in certain lighting. Loved the color on sunny days though.
When it is overcast and cloudy, the paint has more of a Cobalt Blue hue to it rather than purple. I like how the paint looks in bright sunlight. The metalflake really pops out at you, much more than with any other color offered on the Si. I don't think you will get tired of the color. I have a Black G35 and a white Acura Integra and love them both, but my Fiji Blue FA5 is what really turns my head.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so would you guys completely cross Silver off the list? They had an '08 sitting on the lot & it actually looked really nice to me. Obviously white would be my choice over that though.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Prelude2Si said:
so would you guys completely cross Silver off the list? They had an '08 sitting on the lot & it actually looked really nice to me. Obviously white would be my choice over that though.
I dunno personally silver never has been a color to stand out i mean its good but not great but not bad. it doesnt speak or lean to any crowd. It's like in the middle.
But it comes down to what do you want to see everytime you see your car and 10,000+ miles later will you look at it and still love it.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
^ To me silver is too plain and i would get sick of it after a short while. I have to say Fiji 100%. I was talking to my dad one day while mine was getting serviced and he asked whether I would get the white instead. One was on the lot with nav. I said its the only color I would probably trade my car for, then my car pulled out and I fell in love all over again. That when I realized that Fiji>>>>>>>white. It looks amazing in the sunlight and doesn't compare imo. The white is still my second favorite though. Take a look at them side by side and then make your decision. The depth is unmatchable like someone posted above and i haven't seen it look purple in any lighting yet. I would never get sick of the blue because its my dream color for a car, but thats just me. Sorry for the long post and good luck man

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
My favorite color is FBP, but I ended up with TW. I do love TW, but every speck of dust, every water drop, and any other sort of dirt you can think of will show up 10x more than any other color. If I was you, I'd get the FBP.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I love FBP but feel it would look better with a black/blue interior package like the EX opposed to the black red of the Si.

TW is the cleanest color IMO but it is hard to find and I think would be hard to keep clean.

For those reasons, I chose ASM. I'm on my 2nd ASM 8th gen, this one being a FA5. It looks clean for weeks after getting washed. The color can be very deep if you take care of it properly.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I spent the past 45 minutes or so looking through pics on this website & this pic almost has my mind set. :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts