8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,059 Posts
tonton said:
Proves my point. Coupe is for girls. If feel awkward if I was 6'3'' and drive a coupe.
No, that only proves that you cant get the Coupe in Japan. which everyone knows. and the Coupe is definetly more tall person friendly. the shorter seating position, the longer, lower armrests, the larger doors, everything about the coupe (except the back seat) is much more tall person friendlly than the Sedan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
No, that only proves that you cant get the Coupe in Japan. which everyone knows. and the Coupe is definetly more tall person friendly. the shorter seating position, the longer, lower armrests, the larger doors, everything about the coupe (except the back seat) is much more tall person friendlly than the Sedan.
i am 6' 2" i agree
 

·
ms3 fail.
Joined
·
8,339 Posts
i like them both equally, coupe just seems more like a sports car, but making the sedan an si is pretty cool too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
This is a funny topic... what cracks me up is how defensive some people get with their choice. Hey, if the coupe works for you, GREAT! If the sedan, GREAT! I bought the sedan... as a matter of fact, I wouldn't have but a civic if it wasn't for the fact that the si is now available in sedan!
I prefer the sedan b/c I like the flexability of the larger interior and the 2nd set of doors. I am real glad that Honda decided to produce an Si trim for the sedan. This is the ideal car for me: I need a sedan, reliable, inexpensive, fun, decently quick daily driver. I have an S2000 which I prefer not to drive daily and it's impractical for me to drive daily.

Thanks Honda!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,804 Posts
Haha tonton is all hating up. Anyway I love coupes the shape of a coupe like a porsche or a ferrari. Until I see a 4 door ferrari or porsche that redefines what a proper race car is, Im going to stick with coupes for cars and leave the 4 doors for vans or SUVs. Now it they didn't change the styling for the 4 door like they did with the integra back then i would have gotten one for sure. But the lines on a 4 door dont cut it for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,919 Posts
shingles said:
This is a funny topic... what cracks me up is how defensive some people get with their choice. Hey, if the coupe works for you, GREAT! If the sedan, GREAT! I bought the sedan... as a matter of fact, I wouldn't have but a civic if it wasn't for the fact that the si is now available in sedan!
I prefer the sedan b/c I like the flexability of the larger interior and the 2nd set of doors. I am real glad that Honda decided to produce an Si trim for the sedan. This is the ideal car for me: I need a sedan, reliable, inexpensive, fun, decently quick daily driver. I have an S2000 which I prefer not to drive daily and it's impractical for me to drive daily.

Thanks Honda!
Technically, no one here is getting defensive. It's all just a matter of opinion. TonTon here is the one running around telling everybody like he knows it. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,889 Posts
tonton said:
Proves my point. Coupe is for girls. If feel awkward if I was 6'3'' and drive a coupe.

lolllll

Ferrari for girls
mclaren f1 for girl
M3 for girls

Altima 3.5 and Civic Sedan for men.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
That's why we got the EX in the sedan for the wife/family stuff and I got the Si in the coupe because I don't really want my little ones jacking up the Si....there, I said it. Yeah, I know that probably makes me look like a bad father but I can't help it.....jack up the EX sedan and leave my Si clean....no boogs wiped in the seats, no pop spills, no cracker crumbs, and window finger print art.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,919 Posts
DougandMichelle said:
That's why we got the EX in the sedan for the wife/family stuff and I got the Si in the coupe because I don't really want my little ones jacking up the Si....there, I said it. Yeah, I know that probably makes me look like a bad father but I can't help it.....jack up the EX sedan and leave my Si clean....no boogs wiped in the seats, no pop spills, no cracker crumbs, and window finger print art.
I can actually agree with this. The coupe has the added benefit of being a passenger deterrent. :D

I just drive up in the coupe, offer to drive (which I don't mind), and let people look at my car as I climb in. I usually end up driving someone else's larger car at that point. :thumb: No upping mileage, no people in the car that may otherwise do something untoward in the interior! Double win!
 
21 - 40 of 668 Posts
Top