8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Sometimes when I have alot of people riding with me then yes. But other than that no.

I mean the si sedan has the jdm front and stuff like that eventually a lot of people are gonna be doing it so it's not gonna be original. Just wait a couple more years then it's not gonna be as rare as now.

I have the SI coupe and I like it. Two doors doesn't bother me daily because usually it's just me riding.

Also, isn't the si sedan like couple inches higher?

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
man Sedan with cool performance and better handling that the coupe is just pure secks. I dont know why but I have a thing for quick car with 4 doors (STI, EVOs, Si sedan.. you know ;))

·
Registered
760 Posts
a couple of times yes, because sometimes my friends deside to roll with me but other than that i like the coupe, looks a little more aggressive IMO ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes but not because I like it more than the coupe. My reasons:

1) I would have a free supercharger right now

2) So I could replace all the Si trim with Hybrid trim for sleeper status

But I dont think the 4 doors look nearly as good.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
no. it reminds me of a prius, and the back tail lights are ugly. plus i dont want to be associated with JDM ricers. im actually proud of something thats only availible in North America and nowhere else.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The only thing I ever regret is the slightly heavier curb weight in the rear. However, that's still not enough to sway me. I love the coupe. I love the look (with the HFP kit) of how aggressive it is.
I love the large doors.
I love the grille more.
I love the large windows.
I love the silhouette.
I love the 3/4 angle where it looks bunched up and just...meaty.
I love it because Dawn has one. :D

I don't bring people with me a lot, so the two extra doors make no sense.
I hate leaving too much stuff in the back seats (I only have my sunshade and a hat there) because it gets way too cluttery -- having a back door will exacerbate this because it's easy to access.
I always open the trunk for my backpack.
I have no kids.
I have no inclination for the JDM/CDM/Mugen front look (well, maybe the Dominator...)
I do not mind waiting for people to get in the back, because they HAVE to go through the passenger door, my seat always stays where I want it.
I love the aggressive front face.
I love the lackluster back end (though I do really like the Sedan rear more)

I do not like the front face of the Sedan. I do not like the slightly higher seating position. I do not like the door garnish compared to the coupe. I do not like the slightly smaller doors (unless I'm parked closely to someone). I do love the rear wing on the sedan over teh coupe though...decklids ftw.

BTW, J's makes an exhaust that fits for coupes, as well as front lip. Not too hard to see a Japanese company making stuff for USDM market as well -- we spend so much freakin' money on there to do so. Just because Mugen won't, doesn't mean that someone won't see the brilliance of catering to us JDM lovers that are here.

My favorite Subie is the old 2.5RS Coupes. Buahaha!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Jardiniboy said:
Also, isn't the si sedan like couple inches higher?
yup 3" taller. the Sedan fanboys can point out the 60/40 weight distribution vs 61/39 all they want, but 3" extra height will do much more damage which is why Honda gave a smaller front sway and different damping rates.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
why would i want to go and do a crazy thing like that:face-puke
j/k just not my cup of tea (when i had the sentra the rear doors barley worked they were so seized from not ever getting any use)

·
Registered
97 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
yup 3" taller. the Sedan fanboys can point out the 60/40 weight distribution vs 61/39 all they want, but 3" extra height will do much more damage which is why Honda gave a smaller front sway and different damping rates.
besides taht 1% isnt gonna be noticable AT ALL. its a ricer comparison hahaha

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
uhh 3inches higher.. thats because there is more headroom... drop it with 2 inches and here u go low and lots of space and handles better than the coupe..

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
tonton said:
uhh 3inches higher.. thats because there is more headroom... drop it with 2 inches and here u go low and lots of space and handles better than the coupe..
there is 3/10"s of a difference to headroom. thats nothing. where is the other 2.7"? oh year under your butt because you sit higher in the Sedan which is bad.
plus i'm 6'3" and im totally fine in the coupe headroom wise.

the only reason people think the Sedan handles better is because the Coupe is only availible in North America and thus the Japanese Tuners only mod the Sedan.

1 - 20 of 668 Posts