8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 civic si with 270***km on the body and 135***km on the engine. I couldn't help but notice it was burning oil like crazy. I drove 2000km since my last oil change and its already at the minimum mark on the dipstick. The guy claims he put a new engine in so I wouldn't think that's the issue, it drives and pulls well too.

Anyone got any idea of what it could be?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I recently bought a 2006 civic si with 270***km on the body and 135***km on the engine. I couldn't help but notice it was burning oil like crazy. I drove 2000km since my last oil change and its already at the minimum mark on the dipstick. The guy claims he put a new engine in so I wouldn't think that's the issue, it drives and pulls well too.

hey, could be that the piston rings arent doing a good job and letting the oil pass to the combustion chamber causing your oil to be consumed ? Does the exhaust smoke looks blue when you step on the gas ? if not it, could be the a bad PCV check the following Car Burning Oil: Causes & Treatment | Car Bibles
good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Its normal. Literally every 1000mi you should be putting a half quart in. Especially if you fiend for vtec. Some oils burn less than others. It has to do with vtec being hydraulically operated and high rpm. You should check the oil at least once a month. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts