8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if the Brembo kit for the Si is compatible with the Ex coupe i want to buy the gran turismo kit for the front wheels and normal kit for the rear ones

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
leviathan18 said:
i want to know if the Brembo kit for the Si is compatible with the Ex coupe i want to buy the gran turismo kit for the front wheels and normal kit for the rear ones
do you have a link to where you can buy these brembos, i havent heard anything about them...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
probably just have to swap out the hub, bearing, maybe lower control arm..

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i dont' think its worth the money for brembo's - they are overpriced/overrated right now.. but they are great none-the-less - but you can get the same results for half the price.. Just wait for the Rotora Kit - I had a few guys in auto-x and road course tracks compare the two..and Rotora performed the same and for a lot cheaper. Less brake dust too...

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i don't tell people what to buy... I just inform them of options so they are aware.. but in the end.. the choice is yours.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know thanks just telling that my preference is brembo but i will have in mind the rotora for the rear disc or maybe both i dont know yet all comes down to the money i have at the exact moment :p

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'll be honest I care little about the performance aspect of the brakes since I wont be doing any hardcore lapping in the car. I really love the way the calipers look though. Is it possible to just change the calipers and keep the stock rotors? Does the increased performance result in increased stress on the rotor?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
if you just like the look of the calipers - you can have your stock ones powdercoated. There is a member on the site who is going to do powdercoating in the near future.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
nindoo said:
I'll be honest I care little about the performance aspect of the brakes since I wont be doing any hardcore lapping in the car. I really love the way the calipers look though. Is it possible to just change the calipers and keep the stock rotors? Does the increased performance result in increased stress on the rotor?

First, i'm not sure if brembo calipers will fit over stock rotors. Second, if it can, what is the point? The pads and rotors are the most important for brake upgrades. Calipers help but that's if your doing some serious braking.

Upgrade the brake lines to stainless steel to prevent brake fade.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why spend money just for looks use red powder coat and call it a day

i want brembos if i go forced induction in my car i want to stop it with the added horse power

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The Gran Turismo Kit for the Civic Si is available. The kit uses 12.9" 2 piece floating rotors with 4 piston calipers. I work for a retailer that specializes in Brembo and Power Slot. I won't list prices or anything though without the permission of the admin here.

Brembo has not verified wether or not the kit for the Si will work for the other models as well or not as of yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we need that kind of info care to help us larryd???? and also price should be nice if you can PM me with the price

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I'm working with webby to make sure its ok for me to post this kind of information here. Once he gives me the OK I'll give everyone details on the price and where to get the kit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts