8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

SI Axleback wewt

4K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Evillager 
#1 ·
Just had them installed on my LX coupe and they sound awesome. The car now has a nice little growl at idle :) Here's a few pics of the install.

LX and SI Axlebacks side by side

Most of these tools werent even used.. Just wanted to make it look complicated ;P lol Just had to remove 2 bolts and pop the muffler out of the hanger with my bare hands.

To prevent rattling on the springs I used metal clamps.. they worked like a charm!

Closer look

My friend helping mount it while i snap pics.. damn my job was hard :SHOCKED:

And here is the final product (still on stands heh) Easiest mod install ever lol.

PS: Dirty car.. just washed it yesterday, damn that rain! :eek:hsnap:

Thx for looking guys! Vroom :dancing:

See less See more
#20 ·
put those springs back on and keep 2-3 washers in there to keep it from rattling. you need those springs to keep the gaskets sealed and unstrained from the midpipe to the axleback. the purpose of the spring is to keep the exhaust bolts on tight enough to seal the exhaust properly while it allows enough play between the two pipes (the mid pipe and axleback input pipe) so that the flanges (where they bolt together) will not develop cracks or tears around them (which is otherwise known as exhaust leak).

#15 ·
Hello again. Were there any complications with fitting the Si axleback onto an LX/EX? I have read somewhere in this forum about the LX/EX having a "pipe" diameter of 1.5" and the Si at 2.5". BTW, is the "pipe" referred to as the midpipe?

Finally, did you simply swapped the axlebacks without having to swap the midpipe as well? Thanks again.

#19 ·
The springs are used to connect the axleback to the exhaust along with a bolt. Im sure someone on here can explain it's purpose better though lol.

As for gaskets, its recommended that you change them but since my car was relatively new, I just used the stock one and has been fine for about 6 months.

#23 ·
I just tried to install the HFP Muffler on my Si but for the life of me I couldnt get the bolts off the stock muffler. They are rusted in place. Also the instructions say its supposed to be 13 mm but 13 mm socket was too large i had to use 12 mm but the 12 mm was super hard to get off. Has anyone else had troubles getting their stock Si muffler off? Or does anyone know an easy way to pry them loose. This should be the quickest install ever but after a half hour of tugging I am spent! Any help would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.