8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noob here to the forums! this may have been asked but wasn't in the first 8 pages of threads. I saw/heard a video on you tube, YouTube - civic lx with si exhaust, and really like the sound quality compared to other exhausts. I looked for HFP exhausts and all I read was a Sport muffler for the Si Sedan. Does anyone know where and if I can get my hands on an SI exhaust thatll fit the lx? or would I need to mod the exhaust from header to midpipe to make it fit?

thanks for the help and glad to be on the forums!

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
tons of threads on this .... next time use search brah

but you can look on the f/s threads here, without modification you can do an axelback, but to do the full catback exhaust you would need to take it to an exhaust shop and i have no idea what that would cost IMO not worth it,, just get the axelback and install it should take 15 mins

·
Registered
80 Posts
does the axleback off the SI change the sound of the car any? and in generaldo axlebacks chane the sound of the car?

·
Registered
147 Posts
well changing any thing on the exhaust will change the sound. ether deeper tone or ricer tone. the si gave me a deep tone and sometime pop =) love that popping sound

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have the si axel back on my lx, no real sound difference except with your foot down a little you will hear it a little, took the resonator off with the axel back still on and sounds pretty good

·
Registered
318 Posts
not sure how it would sound with a CAI (iv heard people say that it will sound louder with a CAI though), with the SI axel back there is just a slight slight sound over stock unless you take the resonator off, then it sounds pretty decent, a little gurgle/backfire whatever yuo would call it when you let your foot off the gas but not loud just noticeable

·
Registered
290 Posts
An Si exhaust to an LX is a direct bolt on. However, the only problem is the lx gasket is a little smaller than the SI gasket. And I've been reading that it would cause a rattling sound if not adjusted properly (LX Gasket with SI axleback). But I would just go and buy the si gasket as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
any good videos of SI axle back on R18 all the ones i have seen havent been any good. any one with a CAI and SI axleback that has a video or can vouch for the sound?

·
Registered
907 Posts
sry to post on an old thread.. but will an si axle back off a coupe fit a sedan? i keep getting different answers.. maybe i missed the thread where its stated. thx

1 - 20 of 53 Posts