8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive only had my si for almost 2 weeks and ive notice when im driving i hear a hissing sound almost like a supercharger, is that normal for all si?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
sounds like a leak somewhere

so u can hear it while driving, maybe the window? heard theres something with the sedans where theres like a little gap or sumthin and air flows thro and makes a hissing sound

maybe not enough :vtec:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I only had the factory air box for...200 miles, so not sure if it's my ram air intake or not, but mine will always "whine" like a 2psi supercharger. I usually hear it in 4th going about 30-35mph, but I do hear it in all gears. I've always just assumed it was my intake...?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im getting my injen cai next week, so once it comes in hopefully it'll stop making that sound or at least die down a little

·
Registered
80 Posts
you can read about the hissing sound in your car manual its probably just your lsd you can hear it when you driving slow in high gears like around 3rd to 6th to eliminate the sound drop down a gear and see what happen the sound use to bother me i didnt think it was normal but after reading my manual i come to learn its normal maybe this can help but if the sound is coming from the engine then that could be a leak

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking it might be a leak also but the sound goes away when i put it into neutral or at idle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts