8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have had my car one year and three months just hit 4500 miles and i do nothing but baby it. so today i was working on a 73 triumph spitfire that im restoring and needed to turn it around. i get in my si to move it out of the driveway and bing, the trunk gets hit with like a hard ball that kids were using to play hockey. to make a long story short i got into an arguement with the father and he eventually says he'll fix it. but its just disapointing when something you work so hard for is mistreated, for lack of a better word

·
Registered
822 Posts
well i have had my car one year and three months just hit 4500 miles and i do nothing but baby it. so today i was working on a 73 triumph spitfire that im restoring and needed to turn it around. i get in my si to move it out of the driveway and bing, the trunk gets hit with like a hard ball that kids were using to play hockey. to make a long story short i got into an arguement with the father and he eventually says he'll fix it. but its just disapointing when something you work so hard for is mistreated, for lack of a better word
off topic but my boss is restoring one too! thats crazy his is orange we just painted it this past weekend. we are going to start on the frame sometime soon g/l with yours.... have any pics?

·
Registered
682 Posts
If it's daily driven, there's nothing you can do about minor things like that. It's just going to happen. The only way to protect a vehicle from things like that is to keep it in a garage, and never drive it down the road.
It's cool that he's fixing it for you.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
sorry to hear man. my ex is daily driven and after a while, i just realized that things are going to happen to it regardless
ya i have some minor things on my car but nothing you can notice unless your face is less than a foot away from the spot except for this scratch on my bumper which i am getting replaced...i guess it is good that the father is paying for it but i really cant tell how big this dent actually is

·
Registered
261 Posts
Look into a paintless dent removal service before you go and have things repainted. It looks like it's in a tough spot to get at for paintless but it won't hurt to double check. Or you could try dry ice but from what I hear it works till the metal warms back up to ambient temp.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
see now you guys all make valid points with the it happens, deff crap just happens i daily drive a 328i and it has dents on it but its the fact that you see a car backing out of a drive way hey lets just relax and wait for it to leave and then take a crappy shot. pluss there was already a cop in nextdoor so i decided to file a report and the father got pissed and started screaming at me. thats when i decided that ya your going to pay for it

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds like you're overreacting a bit. Filing a police report because some kids accidentally put a dent in your car? It sucks, but there is no way that required police action.

I still feel for ya though, and I hope it gets fixed alright :thumb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have you had a paintless dent repair person look at it yet? I dont have a coupe, but can you get behind the part of the trunk? Other wise your repairs will go from $50-75 for PDR to around $300 to bondo and repaint your whole lid......Sucks man, I feel for you!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
how much would a small sent on my passanger door be? its like dime size...some idiot at work or school did it...probably..i noticed it this morning...this is new to me as well. sorry to jackthread but im glad someone brought up this attention about door dings/dents..should i file insurance claim?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
how much would a small sent on my passanger door be? its like dime size...some idiot at work or school did it...probably..i noticed it this morning...this is new to me as well. sorry to jackthread but im glad someone brought up this attention about door dings/dents..should i file insurance claim?
PDR will probably run $40 - $100. Depending on where it is on the door and other factors (how close to the edge, is on a curved part, etc) your results will vary. Also, it shouldn't be a sharp crease or have paint taken off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.