8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Pretty bad. My FN2 has no LSD. I do use semi slicks but most of the time there is a snotty surface on my home track so my 60 ft times are really lame, usually in the 2.3 second region.

I can show you an example of one of my best runs this year:

View My Video

I have to program my controller and window switch to let the nitrous activate in 2nd gear and ramp up conservatively at 30% in about 7 seconds to get the car off the line.
But evenso you can hear wheelspin in 2nd gear. Theoretically I can just cross the finishline in 4th gear, but as soon as the wheels spin I hit the rev limiter at 8600 rpm in 4th.
I was up against a guy with a chipped R32 Golf in this video. He had the jump on me with his 4WD, but as soon as I was in 3rd gear I could reel him in.
13.98 E.T. at 171 km/hr in this run despite the bad traction.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Pretty bad. My FN2 has no LSD. I do use semi slicks but most of the time there is a snotty surface on my home track so my 60 ft times are really lame, usually in the 2.3 second region.

I can show you an example of one of my best runs this year:

View My Video

I have to program my controller and window switch to let the nitrous activate in 2nd gear and ramp up conservatively at 30% in about 7 seconds to get the car off the line.
But evenso you can hear wheelspin in 2nd gear. Theoretically I can just cross the finishline in 4th gear, but as soon as the wheels spin I hit the rev limiter at 8600 rpm in 4th.
I was up against a guy with a chipped R32 Golf in this video. He had the jump on me with his 4WD, but as soon as I was in 3rd gear I could reel him in.
13.98 E.T. at 171 km/hr in this run despite the bad traction.
What size jets you running?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The jetting numbers from my Noswizards direct port kit cannot be compared to a generic American nitrous kit.
I use a 200 nitrous jet/ 70 fuel jet for a 100 shot. The jetting has a 2:1 ratio for cars with electric high pressure fuel pumps. So theoretically that makes for 200N/100F jets. After some careful tinkering with my calibration I leaned it out slightly to 200N/70F jets.
On my AFR wideband I see a 12.5:1 AFR ratio tapering off to 12:1 at WOT.
I use 102 octane Aral Ultimate fuel when on the gas.

·
Registered
641 Posts
i dont see the point of this thread. No one is actually posting and good setups????
these are good setups that are posted by members..:wigglesmiley: you expect so much thats why to you its nothing..but wait til you see one run then you stop talking about these are not good setups:deadhorse:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Searched like crazy and no diy...have fp and fully built all motor k24 but want 75-100 shot and not sure what is easier/safer to run wet or dry and any specific kits that are direct plug and play without piecing together?

·
Registered
641 Posts
wet and direct port if you want 100 shot..if not then just stick with the shot up the intake or close to the throttle body like everybody else .

there is no DIY..look around in the nitrous section if you want to look for infor...not hard to find..LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
Latest pictures of my nitrous install.

Added a lean fuel cutoff switch lately as a precaution since I`m now on a 125 bhp shot. Car goes like the clappers but I`m slightly worried since my injector duty cycles are close to 100% when on spray at 8000 rpm.
The weather might have something to do with it as it`s friggin cold at the moment here in Holland (-7 degrees celsius). Took me a long drive to heat up my bottle sufficiently to 950 psi.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Stock injectors and pump. You think I should upgrade?
During summertime my injector duty cycles usually average around 88% at full throttle and on spray. Good enough for me.
I`m not to keen on larger injectors since they only become effective above 7900 rpm or so. But I seldom rev above 8000 rpm. I let the torque from the nitrous move the car at midrange rpms.

I can also tell you that freezing weather conditions and nitrous are a no no.
Being the squirrel that I am I was curious to test out what the bigger jets would do so I set the controller at 30% activation mode and 6 second ramp up time, floored the pedal at 3600 rpm(vtec crossover starts at 3600 rpm) in 2nd gear and instantly spun the tyres, flatshifted in 3rd gear and spun the tyres again up to 8000 rpm. Backed off the throttle but now the tyres regained their grip if only for a tenth of a second but that was almost enough to let the car`s backside overtake the front.
Bit of a whiteknuckle experience there. Better reserve these nitrous antics to summertime.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts