8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Can you post a pic of how you have the bottle mounted? I've been spit balling for a long time trying to figure out the best way to mount mine.

Also, passwordjdm sells a relocate that uses a dry-cell battery, which is ok in warm weather. Up here in cold they aren't so good. but there is a DIY somewhere that someone relocated their full size battery using the passwordjdm kit with some modification.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
To the battery comment- You have to buy the PWJDM relocation kit, cut the one bar off of it and your stock battery will fit in it, theres no need to run that small crappy oddysey one. Strat Loss has a DIY on here with it, and then your turn your SRI into the pocket in your fender and will get much better gains since the heat from your headers isnt by your intake, or you can get the 3.5 custom intake import dps offers, im getting mine this weekend and i have to say i can not wait. you already have a bigger IM to run it, idk what TB your running but with the stock tb with the 3.5 wont benifit you at all, they suggust getting the accord tb for an extra 150$

·
Registered
474 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313679216.060251.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313679230.882386.jpg

Nothing special. Hard to hide a 10 lb bottle unless you take out the spare and didn't want to do that

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
But still leaves you having a trunk. Which is a must for me. I have my battery located where your bottle is, but maybe I can get the bottle to mount on the opposite side and not eat up too much space. Thanks again!

·
Registered
641 Posts
easy access from the front to turn on the bottle if needed when the back chair is lay down.i dont want a automatic bottle opener as for now since i got easy access to turn it on and off....more room in the trunk when needed since the bottle can be in the back passenger seat .. i need room for grocery and luggage when traveling..i dont remove my nos bottle when i go out of town for vacation..so bottle stay as is..
as for the tb..i sold the skunk2 tb since i had trouble with it even when i borrow my friend flashpro to tune it so i sold it and throw back in the stock..

·
Registered
952 Posts
easy access from the front to turn on the bottle if needed when the back chair is lay down.i dont want a automatic bottle opener as for now since i got easy access to turn it on and off....more room in the trunk when needed since the bottle can be in the back passenger seat .. i need room for grocery and luggage when traveling..i dont remove my nos bottle when i go out of town for vacation..so bottle stay as is..
as for the tb..i sold the skunk2 tb since i had trouble with it even when i borrow my friend flashpro to tune it so i sold it and throw back in the stock..

So when you run this you have the back passenger seat down? And the dip tube then points toward side of the car? Ever have a problem with it not grabbing liquid when turning hard or do you only use this setup on straight track?

I'm not sold on the idea of having the bottle in the passenger compartment at all. SO2 is toxic in very small concentrations and so a small leak (or god forbid an accident) would be catastrophic to the passengers.

·
Registered
641 Posts
when i run nitrous i have the back passenger seat down..the dip tube point up all the time...i always get a good hit when i use it ...use on straight road..you can mount it on the side like Bolistic .there is hardly anybody in my car beside myself....

you thinking of a impact ..it can be either left or right..having the bottle laying there is worst then me having it on the backseat...now tell me have you see anybody got rear end all the way to the backseats?...what about on the rear of the car ? as for the bottle located..i can easily go to a track and dont need a downtube to run with my nitrous..

as for leakage ..my bottle is good from the get go ..

its all in personal perference..mount where you want it to be...and think about it when you do..

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
its a fantastic idea, im still scared to run n2o, i had everything i needed and never installed, i need to go with someone whos spraying and see what its like.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Some good thinking Vinh.
I have my bottle mounted this way.

Easy access to it. I can operate the bottle valve by hand from the drivers seat.
Like you I never carry passengers in the rear, so out with the rear seats, rear seat belts and rear airbags. Saved me more than 50 kg of weight too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
its a fantastic idea, im still scared to run n2o, i had everything i needed and never installed, i need to go with someone whos spraying and see what its like.
I'm in the same boat, i just got the zex kit install and i kind of scared to run it lol.but i had a zex kit in my TL and did like over 70 past with it and it was fine and it had like over 130k mile on it.i sold the car to my cuz and it still going strong it got like 260k mile on it now.

·
Registered
641 Posts
^ this is a good idea
:dance::wigglesmiley:

if i still live up in jersey i would give you a ride in my car and let you feel the instant kick of 100 shot of nos..LOL

Some good thinking Vinh.
I have my bottle mounted this way.

Easy access to it. I can operate the bottle valve by hand from the drivers seat.
Like you I never carry passengers in the rear, so out with the rear seats, rear seat belts and rear airbags. Saved me more than 50 kg of weight too.

HAHAHA didnt know you got the bottle laying like that bro.i thought i was the only one who want easy access to the bottle.very nice indeed..:clapping:
:woowoo:

·
Registered
50 Posts
damn this is a beast ass write up i mean can you run NOS with stock internals? i thin itd be beast to havea stock looking civic with a big 100 shot lmao

·
Registered
952 Posts
damn this is a beast ass write up i mean can you run NOS with stock internals? i thin itd be beast to havea stock looking civic with a big 100 shot lmao
but eh nagain im sure you can not do it with jsut stock internals so iproboly ownt try that.
What?! I'm sorry man, but can you spell/grammar check all of that and repost it? I have NO idea whatyou are trying to say.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You better believe him man. A 100 shot on these cars is pretty dramatic.
I don`t even dare to do it without my controller. The shockloading on activation is so bad you think your engine has exploded to pieces lol.
Gobs of torque on demand instantly.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
im not so much scared to run the n2o as i am what it will case in my engine long term, and what to expect the first time i pass my window switch and it starts spraying lol. thats why i really wanna go for a ride with someone who has it .

41 - 60 of 87 Posts