8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One of the biggest reasons to get a dash cam is to protect yourself after an accident.

“Dash cams could be helpful in determining who is at fault in the event of a claim,” InsuranceHotline.com spokeswoman Anne-Marie Thomas said. A driver with a dash cam can provide that footage to their insurer to help speed up the claim process and determine who is at fault.

Thomas said she hasn’t heard about any discounts in place yet for having a dash cam, but it helps to have indisputable proof if you’re not at fault in an accident.
Read Should You Buy a Dash Cam at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't think of a negative to having a dash cam... other than how the damn thing looks on my windshield lol. Where I'm from it almost seems stupid not to have one... Anytime I drive more than an hour straight around my city I swear I see about 3 people potentially at fault for something.

May have to look into one though... the inconvenience would definitely be worth it when it comes down to proving the at-fault driver...

Possibly future upgrade :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the g1wh, and in the 8 months I had it I've had two accidents happen in front of me and I was able to give proof to the police.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I believe it should be a necessary to prove the actions of wreckless drivers and law enforcement who seek to trump up charges on moving violations that never occurred or to record their unwarranted actions of verbal undertone. That way it'll be better t person to have proof beyond reasonable doubt so that they do not be held at fault. Its when you don't have one that's messed up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a dashcam last month, it was the Cobra CDR840 and I paid $140. YOu can get it now for far less and the quality is amazing. this is my video I recorded last Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lim9-NPkbs

It was also picked up by Jalopnik and Reddit. Its the best $100 bucks you can spend. Plus it protects you if you are involved in a wreck or witness a wreck, or get falsely accused of racing by the cops

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a dash cam on amazon called the mobius that shoots 1080p for around $80. Definitely worth having for insurance and it captures random cool things hahah

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wish I had one 2 years ago. I was sitting at a stop sign when a semi truck took the turn wide and hit me head on.

Long story short I was dumb for sitting back quietly with confidence the police would correctly figure out what happened. I got cited for failure to yield. If I could go back I would have paid a thousand dollars to have one that day

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hey autoguide wheres the discount code for ordering? I read the whole "article" and watched the video but it never popped up. The first popup ad said 15% off from select websites... wheres my damn code? Link to discount sites? What about a flat rate from Amazon?

That garmin cam you posted looks nice. Got a code for 15% off from somewhere? I took the stupid survey at the end even! Still no code? Comeon! How many times can I fake like/follow you guys on twitter/FB for nothing! Christ, all these fake accounts and maintenance for nothing! Ugh! Jerks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
19 Participants
EdNaviEx
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing