8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to take my 07 Si in for the 3rd gear fix and to replace my broken sun visor.

I recently installed a Mishimoto SRI. Should I take it out before going to the dealer? Don't want them to give me a hassle about the SRI, even though it has nothing to do with the gearbox.

You guys have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
first post in a thread with a legendary question of a title

(you should take it out and put the stock intake back in just to play it safe.)

also, see if they'll give you a crate of those sun visors, you'll need them :p i don't know WTF honda is thinking these days. the 06-09 sun visors are certainly defective, and how do they fix the problem? they replace it with the same defective visor that is sure to break in prolonged heat exposure.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been to the dealer for random warranty work numerous times with my intake installed. They never hassle me. If they do (unlikely), go to a different dealer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeh, I know there is no link between the three things. Just don't want anyone there giving me crap for it, or holding it against me down the line if there is another issue.

I'll probably pull it out. Even if it feels soooo good to leave it in.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I must have missed something.. What's the issue with the sun shades?
the plastic they used for the visors (and a fair amount of the interior!) is prone to warping and popping when exposed to high heat (i.e. florida summer, in the sun) for extended periods of time. seems random though. my "stock" visor didn't **** the bed until 17k miles, but i've heard worse!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts