8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda quoted me about $1500 for the whole HFP body kit including install.

I have been saving up for it and I finally have enough

I have an 07 Fiji blue Civic SI coupe, I think the kit looks really cool, I just want some of your guys opinions on the kit, differences on the apperence of the kit on our cars, is it worth it, and anything else.

Thanks alot for any replys

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think the lip kit looks amazing if you dont want that ricer look with a full body kit..(i personally think a body kit is too flashy for an SI.) But I don't know if would let honda install - from what i have read the lip kit is easy to install. Screws, double-sided tape, minimal cutting...but im not a body-shop guy, just a penny pincher.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
That's to much for a kit and install. I know there's people in florida who have instaleed there onw kit. Ask around and see if they can help you out. You even pay them to do iit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys, Anyone that has the kit, want did you pay for it at the dealership?, The more aggressive look is what I want without it being a "Ricer" type body kit, lol

BTW: If I get it I will get the whole kit

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Ok let me clarify my answer heh. YES you should get the kit, NO you shouldn't pay that price. I think that's really quite high for just an install, even though it seems pretty average. I think just doing it yourself is a much better plan.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
hfp ftw! $1,500 isnt too bad but i would look around and see if u can get it installed for cheaper. just order the parts online.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know part of it is the dealership trying to make their "Cut" and me getting a lil riped off. I don't really have too much experience putting on body kits and I don't want it to get messed up. Thats why I am having honda do it.

I figure I can try and find out what they charge for install per hour and see if I can talk them down a lil'. I know the manager really well hopefully I can catch a lucky break.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
well what i did, i found a guy who does body work. luckily for me he worked for honda and just so happens to have a si. so he knew the civics inside and out. he said he would charge me $300 to install the lip kit and the hfp suspension. i got a package deal from collegehillshonda.com. if you could do it yourself or if you knew a guy who could do it for you on the side then i highly recommend giving them a call. ask for bob in the parts department. he'll hook ya up with all ya need.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
man buy the kit from CHH of DCH honda and install it yourself i have very little bodywork ability and got it on no problem dont pay somebody to do this its too easy

·
Registered
71 Posts
hahaah i talked to Bob the other day. really nice guy. i was planning on doing a order for the hfp kit/suspension/fogs/ a bunch of other stuff..

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Thats to much i paid $1,264.60 for the full HFP kit install on my car, and the guy did a great job on the install.

So tell them to drop the price of the install.. i might still have the receipt i got off the dealer, if you want i can take a picture of it and maybe they can do a price match..:thumb:

Ok checking the paper work i got at the dealer this is what i paid total including the install, $1,264.60 and also including my first oil change, they did gave me a $22 dollar discount on the oil change.

here is a picture.. labor was only $106 for the full kit..

I also got an oil change on that receipt, but they gave me a $22 discount on it..

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
dude go for it im getting my HFP kit after i get my car fixed this week this old lady ram the rear panel of my car along the passenger door

checkm y post at the Si section for full story seriously dude go for it im ordering it after my car is fixed along some lowering spring drop that hoe lol

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
JEA86 said:
man buy the kit from CHH of DCH honda and install it yourself i have very little bodywork ability and got it on no problem dont pay somebody to do this its too easy
I haven't checked on the price of the HFP kit from College Hill Honda, but from what I've seen in the past they ALWAYS have a better price than anybody else. If it were me, I'd do exactly what JEA86 said. That being said, i think the FG2 looks great without the kit, and you should save your money, and buy a supercharger instead:thumb:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya I thought $1500 was a bit much, its funny I live in Florida, so I go to Honda of Naples. An the guys in the parts department act like they know everything, but you can tell they don't know **** and are trying to rip you off.

The guy that paid about $1200, that sounds like a lot more reasonable price, I will mention it to see if they do some kind of price matching.

·
Registered
191 Posts
in canada the whole kit is a lil less than 2000$....+ installation.....about 2400-2500$

I will probably order it online and get it installed by my mecanic.....

Is the whole kit too big to get shiped or you guys think its ok??

i live in canada...

·
Registered
535 Posts
it seriously isnt so hard dude!

Yes, go for the lipkit. Si's without a lip/whole kit are hidious. I would not drive my car if it didnt have a lip, period.

$1500 for a whole lipkit is a damn ripoff and if you spend that much money, you must be desperate.:police:

Try getting hookups from friends that might work at the dealership. Thats what I did. I got my front lip for $150 brand new and out the door! HFP wheels for $700 out the door!

Its all about getting hooked up on deals!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts