Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No, terrible idea

Votes: 32 76.2%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had my 08 civic ex coupe for about 14 months now it has 16k miles on it and im looking for something with more power, i recently found someone that lives close to me that is selling their car, It is a 2005 Orange Blast SRT4 with 29k miles

Car was tuned with the AGP 50Trim Turbo (flows 49lb and 3147 flows 47lb) but spools up way faster. The car was tuned at 19psi with a safe tune at 350hp and 360TQ

These are the mods it has(most of them):
-AGP 3147 Turbokit
-Ported Exhaust and Intake mannis
-Hahn Portfueler kit for 20G
-lerenzo 60mm TB w/spacer
-Stage one PCM
-Needwings V5 DP w/Borla catback
-AGP full 3" intake
-centerforce dual friction clutch
-AGP Race IC
- HKS SSQ BOV w/ ATP hardpipe
-AGP lower IC pipe
- maddog 80% STS
-Apexi turbo timer
-DCR Oil Kit
-Orthadox Racing Cam Gears
-MSD spark plug wires
-Autometer -30/+30 boost gauge
-AEM wideband A/F gauge
- Ro_Ja 17'' wheels
- Bwoody motor mounts
-AeroForce Pro scan gauge
-Greddy spec B II w/ steering
wheel button
-Hawk brake pads
-NDE TCS
-RFR Rear diffuser
-JMB small battery kit (orange)
-a full coolingmist meth inject kit with varicool controller (not installed)
- Crane 14 cams

IDk what to do i mean i really want something more quick, ive always had a thing for the srt-4, but at the end of the day its still a neon. It is probly the cleanest SRT4 i have seen though.

He is asking 13k for it but i could probly talk down to 12k.
a dealership said they would give me 15k for my car. so this is very tempting.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Pretty car Jake. Looks like it would be a maintenance whore though if you drive it the way I know you drive. Pretty color and the mod list is impressive.

I know one thing: You'd stomp every Si here in Minnesota into the ground.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
my buddy had one stock for a while and he went into debt just trying to afford the gas for it...it drinks gas faster than a dehydrated soccer team playing in the desert....but the highway mileage aint half bad...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
my buddy had one stock for a while and he went into debt just trying to afford the gas for it...it drinks gas faster than a dehydrated soccer team playing in the desert....but the highway mileage aint half bad...
So true. This is the downside to a massively modded car like this Neon SRT.
They are wickedly fast and can pass almost anything on the road except for a gas station. I would image it consuming fuel at a prodigious rate.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Stay away from any used SRT-4 unless you are buying it from an old lady with no mods. I also doubt a dealership will give $15k if u r not buying a car from them

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Do it.

Before I bought my Si, the Dodge dealer offered me a Red SRT-4 for 20k with taxes and registration included. It was so tempting, these things are so quick and sound soooo mean, it's the only Dodge I would buy (besides the Viper lol)

Seems like he took good care of it, the mod list as mentioned before is impressive, and seems like you're gonna get some extra money if you sell the Civic and get the SRT-4, money that you can use in order to fix anything that might be wrong with this car.

As far as mileage, any turbo car will be a gas guzzler, hell, I get 150 miles per gallon if I'm boosting often.

I would deff do it. There's a lot of aftermarket support for these cars and they are FAST!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
idk, looks like a pretty decent deal.. question you got to ask urself, r u up to the challenge for the upkeeping and maintaince of a turboed neon? look the money youd save from ur trade prettty much are gona fo for minimal work..

id say boooost ur si, there a few ppl on here with turbos thts running 280swhp ..

id vote not, but its ur car money and decision after all. good luck,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.