8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im debating on wether i shouldn get my tailights tinted? i love how it looks, but im not sure if its illegal in NY :police: ,and if it is how likely am i to get tickets for it? and last but not least to those who do have it, is it easy to install??

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
it all depends bro.. If I were you, Get a lighter tint for your tail light. You might want to check out Bluebatmobile.net and check out their gallery to see which 1 looks better on your car.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Yea the batmobile 3/10 wouldnt be too bad at all. But 6/10 and Lamin-X smoked tints would definitely catch some attention.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Yea because its illegal, im sure you catch enough eyes as it is. Ive been wanting to do my headlights though and the silver strip in the taillights or somit.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i wouldnt do it, i did mine and got rid of it after i saw my friend get a ticket just b/c of the smoked lights. i dont think its worth it

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
You'll have to check the specific laws in New York. I live in PA and have charcoal tints on mine and a lot of red shows. I'm also lowered with a ginormous GReddy EVO2 on the car. I've had local, sheriff and state troopers on my butt countless times and I have yet to get stopped. Knock on wood. :pray:

Now, I bought laminx sheets and wrapped them around the edges of the lights so unless my trunk is open, they look normal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys i appreciate the input, i think im gonna do it but im gonna wait until the spring, and then put them on. :thumb:

·
Registered
323 Posts
3/10 from Bat is just enough to make the tails lose their bright ass chrome appearance, but not too dark to have the law bust your balls...at least it hasn't happened to me yet (knock, knock).

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
what color is your car?!?!! nobody once asked that!! look, if its NHBP/ASM/GG they look good lightly or dark smoked. If you're TW/RR, look into possibly a Red tint from Lamin-x.

Each color has it's own personalities w/ the tinted tails. Look at your color specific thread for examples of each, then pm the owners of the cars.

Edit: here's a TW w/ red tinted tails.
before:

after:

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
hey bat, I want really dark tint on my NHBP ...almost like pure black..you have any recommendations?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts