8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 07 civic si with 40k on the motor.

Already ordered a Fujita SRI (black).

Wondering if I should fork out the extra $, and get a race header, exhaust, and either a flashpro, or a k-pro.

Any advise/opinions be greatly appreciated. The car is my daily driver. I don't want to kill my gas mileage, but I'd def like some more go

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Its Flashpro or Accesport, flashpro is k-pro for the 8thgen. If you want your car to be faster than yeah get the header and FP. It will sceam compared to stock.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Honestly, i believe that I/H/E is the best combination for a daily driver. Any sort of FI whether it be turbo or sc just seems too much of a hassle in my opinion. If anything, you could add Flashpro to the I/H/E if your budget allows. :beer:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Honestly, i believe that I/H/E is the best combination for a daily driver. Any sort of FI whether it be turbo or sc just seems too much of a hassle in my opinion. If anything, you could add Flashpro to the I/H/E if your budget allows. :beer:
Don't you need FlashPro or a defouler to avoid the CEL?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
flashpro will allow you to delete the secondary o2 sensor to get rid of the cell ... a defouler would also not cause there to be a cel as well ... your choice, imo get flashpro ... it will wake up your car

·
Registered
99 Posts
I/H/E are great mods for a daily driver looking to keep good gas mileage. A race header is the best bolt on for performance you could buy , it will be a whole new car. My gas mileage went up after header and exhaust install.

Yes, you need either Flashpro or a defouler to get rid or a CEL.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I bought a replica header once for my 03 Civic. It was no brand name, it was a replica of megan racing headers, but let me tell ya, for a replica, it was a sweet header. It was nice and thick and flush. Bought it off e-bay. When shop put my performance exhaust on, guys said it was better then the DC Headers and others.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A header is most likely the #1 hp gain of all the bolt ons then exhaust the short ram intakes really seem to make the least hp improvement . However they do give you a great tone

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
How does the car run? I'm looking around for an Si with like 10k-20k miles on it already...

·
Registered
809 Posts
You could prob get away with leaving the stock exhaust on it and save a few bucks. the stock exhaust is already a performance exhaust system. Prob better than some aftermarket ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts