8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 8thcivcers. lol. Once again I come to you for help. Trying to decide whether I should keep the Si emblem on my trunk or not. I already took off the side I-Vtec decals and the civic badge on the trunk. and I currently Have Red JDM H emblems. please give me your honest opinions. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i like the si emblem. but at the end of the day it comes down to you deciding on what you like best ;)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I took of the Civic. I left the Si badge for now, but I'll probably take the Si badges off some time in the next month or so.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you're a kid who got a Civic Si because it's a race car, then you have to keep the Si badges. If you've grown up, then get rid of them because they won't make you cool again and they're just another badge uglying up the car.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
the si badge is a cop magnet... they love lookin for that badge
The Si badge doesn't mean anything to police. It's not like an M, AMG, SRT, or GT badge. It's just a less slow Civic. This coming from an Si owner. My non-M BMW got more attention than my Si.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Si badge doesn't mean anything to police. It's not like an M, AMG, SRT, or GT badge. It's just a less slow Civic. This coming from an Si owner. My non-M BMW got more attention than my Si.
it may not be as fast as a m3 or a gt but it doesnt matter... whats the age majority that owns a si??? teens right? and thats all cops need to know

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
it may not be as fast as a m3 or a gt but it doesnt matter... whats the age majority that owns a si??? teens right? and thats all cops need to know
The only thing they notice is that it's a Civic, probably being driven erratically or carelessly. It just usually ends up being a teenager.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I removed my i-vtec decals too - don't miss them one bit.
I later took off the Civic emblem and left the Si emblem on but it looked unbalanced and weird. So I took off the Si emblem and then it just looked like another civic on the road. So I put both Civic and Si emblems back, just leave them both on I say.. :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so far thanks for all of the input guys. I have already taken off the civic badge a long time ago, and also the i-vtec decals and not regret it. just debating on removing the Si emblem not due to whether its a cop magnet or not. just trying to find the cleanest looking route with my car. I would love to hear more opinions though from everyone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I took mine off (both), I like it best with no badges, when I can get it done I will probably remove the H on the rear and have that filled/painted just because I love the look of a clean debaged car. But like everyone says, its up to you and what you think looks best. Oh and one other thing as far the cop magnet goes, I wouldn't worry about that crap, most cops aren't going to care to know if its an Si or not, and I'm sure a good majority of them don't even know the difference between an Si/Ex..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm at the same crossroads your at. Only Si left with JDM H. I've been thinking about replacing the Si with JDM 2.0 badge. A little different maybe.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you're a kid who got a Civic Si because it's a race car, then you have to keep the Si badges. If you've grown up, then get rid of them because they won't make you cool again and they're just another badge uglying up the car.
Then why did you buy the car in the first place. Ok racing is one thing but if you wanted it to look like the EX then you should have gotten one. There is obviously something that incited you to get it. Its not our fault the car is built so that it can be raced and with the badges, im sorry if youth and an appreciation of the cars capabilities offend you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts