8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forms have found them a great place to find many ansers but was still wondering?
i was thinking of claying my car then using zaino z-5 z-8 and then the z-10 for the wheal to try to clean it a little and get that smell back.
was wondering what all of you thought thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Zaino is a fanatastic product that is very labor intensive. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how much time you want to put into your baby.

Rasky gave me some Zaino but I haven't had time to do it. I have had great success with other products though. Take a look at SpecialRingpop's beautiful FBP FG2. He uses Zaino and I can attest to the depth and shine that Zaino gives. PM him.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I wouldn't buy zaino, only because to get a nice look from it costs a lot of money and even more time. I think there are other things you can use to produce similiar results for cheaper, and more importantly time

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The best part about Zaino is that it LASTS. I haven't put any Zaino on for about 4 months, and it still beads.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's labor extensive. But, overall, the results are worth it.

Mito, if you check out the Zaino store, you can buy a whole starter package. Get that, and then fill in what product you need when you run out of it.

Also, I'm a firm believer in Zaino for a "base", and carnuba for the "shine".

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Buy*

And hell yea, I use it and you only need a tablespoon or so for a great wash, will last you awhile. Make the car look like glass

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've been using Zaino for about a year and a half. The first application was a PITA, you have to wash, claybar, etc. Later on I found out that you don't have to use the accelerant with the z-5, etc. In the garage I would just wipe the dust off using the detail spray (z-8?) or the car wash cut with distilled water, and then smear a coat of z-5 on it. I'd go play video games for about 40 minutes and then buff off. If the car is already clean it only takes about 15 minutes total to do this.

They have a new product that does not even need to be wiped off called clear seal.

Z-CS Clear Seal: Zaino Store

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Take a look at SpecialRingpop's beautiful FBP FG2. He uses Zaino and I can attest to the depth and shine that Zaino gives. PM him.

Haha, thanks for the kind words, Bill. Even still, it needs to be mentioned that while Zaino is a fantastic depth/shine, you can, in fact, accomplish it with others. I knew your car was shiny from seeing pictures online Bill, but I didn't expect it to outdo the Zaino.

Then again, you did spend more time detailing your car than I did when I applied my Zaino in the summer. Zaino's "magic" comes with a loooot of patience and a lot of applications.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there anything else i should buy r should the z-5 z-8 do the trick i have a black car with some (NOW) light swirling. i want a deep glass wet look will these two + clay do the trick?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The best part about Zaino is that it LASTS. I haven't put any Zaino on for about 4 months, and it still beads.

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's labor extensive. But, overall, the results are worth it.

Mito, if you check out the Zaino store, you can buy a whole starter package. Get that, and then fill in what product you need when you run out of it.

Also, I'm a firm believer in Zaino for a "base", and carnuba for the "shine".
Izzy, what carnuba wax do you recomend after the z-5 z-8 "base"

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey is the carnuba really going to be worth $32 extra. I know the zaino will last along time and bead for a while but will the carnuba on top add that wet look and protection?
Is there a wax that i could use that is cheaper yet good r at least a carnuba that i could buy in the store?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The carnuba is the "show" part of it. You don't have to get it. :thumb:

Just Zaino by itself looks quite good.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I've been using Zaino for about a year and a half. The first application was a PITA, you have to wash, claybar, etc. Later on I found out that you don't have to use the accelerant with the z-5, etc. In the garage I would just wipe the dust off using the detail spray (z-8?) or the car wash cut with distilled water, and then smear a coat of z-5 on it. I'd go play video games for about 40 minutes and then buff off. If the car is already clean it only takes about 15 minutes total to do this.

They have a new product that does not even need to be wiped off called clear seal.

Z-CS Clear Seal: Zaino Store
DAMN! 29 bucks for a little spray. But they say it lasts 9 months. Thats crazy though.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
ill stnad by zaino. to those that say its alot of work. it takes a whiel to ge tteh base coat on the car, but it lasts much longer than many other products. and it is much easier to maintain. other waxes may require you to completely rewax teh car 2-3 times as often, meanwhiel zaino only requires a coat of z-8 to maintain the shine over the same time period.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
As Izzy said - buy the whole starter package. There are two different packages listed - the base starter kit and the total protection. I saved a little money and went with the base starter kit and I absolutely love it. I can def. attest to my success with Zaino and after your first few coats you'll really enjoy it. I don't use carnuba wax over mine - I just set it up with Z-5 and then top it off with the Z-2 and after 2 months of pretty nasty winter weather the shine is still top notch. I do have some pretty bad swirling but of course with a black car you can always see it. All of my friends have complimented me on the gloss of the car. I didn't know you could really add that much depth to the paint until I tried it. On the hand, everyone has already said it and I agree - you can get the same results a lot cheaper and with less work.

Personally though, I stand behind Zaino and will likely continue to use it despite the cost and effort.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I have heard a lot about this. My new Si will be my first black car that I have actually cared enough about to do some research and spend some money keeping looking good. I may buy this so when my car comes in I can put it on IMMEDIATELY to avoid swirls. Are there any good places I can go to learn about this?

Do people generally use a machine like a PC or do you usually wax by hand?

I had just bought some megs NXT for my RSX-S and was pretty satisfied with two coats of it after a long period of time. But if I can get a good shine (my RSX was white) to the black and protect at the same time, sign me up!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts