8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to car detailing and was looking at the thread about ultima and was wondering if i should buy the ultima kit or go with z-5 z-8 and P21S :help: . I have a black SI and a dark red car so was wondering which one will give me a better we look and gloss? Also money is a factor Cheaper is better

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I'd go ultima. Zaino takes far too much to achieve good results. Sorry zaino lovers :( Having to put 5+ coats of crap on your car just isn't worth it when you can get that same look out of a nice polish/wax

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Like I said in another response to one of the posts like this, I Vtec. Yes it takes a lot of time, but it does last longer. You only have to do the full-day thing maybe thrice a year at most, and most people will only do two with extra layering in between. it's there for longevity.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
^^ You can apply a synthetic polymer from meguiars in 20 minutes that can last 6-8 months, and it shines very well. Applying a layer of wax over it which lasts for a few weeks make it really pop. I think zaino is just far too much work for what it offers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I am new to car detailing and was looking at the thread about ultima and was wondering if i should buy the ultima kit or go with z-5 z-8 and P21S :help: . I have a black SI and a dark red car so was wondering which one will give me a better we look and gloss? Also money is a factor Cheaper is better
I like both products... each works very well. I work a lot of extra hours at work, come home the wife has a punch list of ish to do that I'll gladly put off till later... play with the kids and then the Si and Pilot are the last things that I can get to.

So time for me is a big factor... Zaino for me is the WHOLE day... I like the results... but honestly it did not last as long as Ultima has. If you have the cars paint straight... application of the Ulltima system will take about just a couple of hours... wash, clay, wash, UPP, detail the rest of car... done. After 24 hours, you can quickly wash again... and apply another layer of UPP in about 20 minutes.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/detailing/54777-ultima-better-than-zaino.html#post1396076

Good luck

lou

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
skiz - I think you meant to say that do another layer of UPGP, not UPP....

I'll say Ultima though. It's SOOOOOO incredibly easy to use and the results are spectacular!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.