8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever have any experience on this cheap in-dash and navi :D

Video + Navigation Combo: Dual XDVD8265 + Dual XNAV9525 - MP3/WMA playback when encoded on CD or DVD • DVD-R/RW/DVD+R/RW/CD-R/CD-RW compatible PLUS Remote Mount GPS Navigation Unit • 60W x4 Max Power (240 Watts) • Navigation System • Pre-loaded US an

Beside the lag of custom eq, it seems pretty nice. I like the fact that it come with a hard drive and 6.5" touch screen.
Any thought on this? Would I be better off with Avic-d3?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
948 Posts
ive always heard great things about the d3. i think dual doesnt have all the final touches worked out. its like going through idrive. theres some lag in some features

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive always heard great things about the d3. i think dual doesnt have all the final touches worked out. its like going through idrive. theres some lag in some features
From researching I've heard the same thing. It just I like the idea of having 10GB for MP3 storage. Plus I can play DVD while using Navi unlike D3 that I have to keep Navi DVD in.

Anyhow thanks for your input :biggrin:

0 Dual : 1 Avic D3

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you upgrade that whole 10 gb thing? like install a new hardrive (one from a computer) because that would be cool
I'm not sure. From the spec it actually has 20 GB! Just read below..

Product Description:

The XNAV9525 is the best navigation piece on the market! It can work with any video screen or unit that has audio and video RCA inputs. It also has a dedicated connection for the XDV8125 Dual unit for even more control.

The XNAV9525 separates itself from the competition by also storing 10GB of your favorite music using it's built-in harddrive!

The possibilities are endless for custom installations as you can put a custom 10-inch LCD monitor in your dash and add Navigation and MP3 playback. The XNAV9525 navigation maps also load extremely fast as the built-in harddrive uses a 2MB buffer and renders the navigation maps efficiently!

General Features:

Works with any MONITOR OR IN-DASH VIDEO UNIT that has RCA audio and video inputs.
20GB storage capacity
10GB DEDICATED FOR MP3 STORAGE!

2MB data buffer for fast access to your song collection and Ultra-fast continuous map rendering
Pre-loaded US and Canada maps
Windows™ CE.Net (4.2) operating system
32-Bit RISC Geode™1200 processor
64MB SDRAM
256 Kb Flash ROM VGA resolutions RGB 640x480
4MB VGA RAM
NTSC video monitor support
12 Channel GPS receiver
2.5” hard disk drive
2 Million Points of interest
18 Function IR remote control
Compact size chassis

Now.. I can buy the d3, but I want to be different :D (plus this thing is about $100 cheaper)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
i have the AVIC D3 and i love it, its awesome... i have all my music and movies on my ipod so there is no problems with watching dvds and having the map on.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Don't go for the Dual. While I haven't seen this unit all their other stuff is sh*t. It packs the cool factor and the low price for that initial "wow" but once you start playing with it you realise how much of a piece of sh*t it is.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Nice klk. Couple questions. Where did you get your D3? Did you self install? If so, was it easy?
i paid 750 shipped from a dealer on ebay. it included the ipod cable :thumb: install took me a whole day cuz it was my first radio install. also it took me and hour to locate where the factory amp was in the sedan. lol pics on 8thcivic just shows where it is on the coupe but on a sedan its under the drivers seat. then i had to run a factory amp bypass wire through the center console so i pretty much had the front of the car took apart lol. after i ran the wire i had to match the wires up. all in all it took me a whole day like i said and difficulty for me was about a 7/10 cuz it was my first install.
P.S. the driving bypass was incredibly easy. just moved the mute wire up one pin then i grounded the mute wire, parking brake wire and ground wire all together.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like I said b4, I wanna be different! :D

Anyhow, thx everyone for all the inputs.. I made up my mine now.

AVIC-D3 FTW :thumb:

ps. thx DTNguyen for the link!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts