Registered
4,011 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
No.

Save that money for FlashPro.

Here's why you shouldn't get it: http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

Cliffs: It doesn't help with throttle lag at all.
iv come across this a few time while looking this stuff up and i think people have forgotten what the words "LIGHT MOD" mean. (out of college or parents bought their cars im guessin) 700 isnt a light mod. and yes flash pro is better in everyway minus the price. for example, i plan on getting flashpro, but not for about another year cuz i gotta get tires, clutch, pay for school, oil change and such and 700 dollars aint in the budget. now 170 isnt nearly as bad.

so final word, imo yes its worth it for a light mod or if you using it till you get something better later. people have spent more on dumber stuff for our cars (tow hooks)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well IMO if you only have $350 I wouldn't buy anything. That's the "old man" in me talking. If you are going to buy something, save for the Flashpro.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
if you buy this then you should just go ahead and buy a bomex body kit and a giant wing with some green neons bc your a ricer.

ricer mentality = come into a forum and ask about a product but when everyone tells you dont do it, its a waste of money you do it anyway? we know what were talking about maybe you should research flashpro before you buy that rip off of a product. that thing is almost like those chips they sell on ebay that give you 50+ hp. you oughta buy one of those while your at it :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
which one looks more legit?

FlashPro Civic Si

OR

PERFORMANCE CHIP PONTIAC GRAND PRIX 1994 1995 1996 1997 | eBay

^just an example but you get the idea. i have never gained mpg and power at the same time
thats suck a weak argument, this isnt some ebay special there buddy. its from a reliable company and is a nice solution to the little ins and outs to our cars. not everyone wants to spend 700 dollars when this will do what they want... sure if you plan on tracking or racing everyday i could see it but no for the op this looks fine. dont listen to rich kid haters and buy what gets the job done for you kid. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
No rich kid haters here I'm sick of the word hate. I'm not hating everyone else isn't either. We are giving the op constructive criticism. I know first hand of what flashpro or a good tune on any car will do. that wasn't my arguement your weak statement isnt helpful. Apparently you don't know enough to pleas with the op that he's making a mistake by buying that product. On a side note flashpro is the best investment you can put in your car. It will forever retain almost 95% of it's value. But with the throttle booster, not many people will wana buy it. And by the time he sells it no one will want it bc all the noobs have figured out that flashpro is the solution.You sound like your answer to everything is do what makes you happy. My answer is do what is right. Did you even read that article that the other member posted?

·
Registered
861 Posts
if you buy this then you should just go ahead and buy a bomex body kit and a giant wing with some green neons bc your a ricer.

ricer mentality = come into a forum and ask about a product but when everyone tells you dont do it, its a waste of money you do it anyway? we know what were talking about maybe you should research flashpro before you buy that rip off of a product. that thing is almost like those chips they sell on ebay that give you 50+ hp. you oughta buy one of those while your at it :facepalm:
thats not really ricer mentality? :umad: he saw a potentially good product and he came to place where he could possibly get more insight on his predicament. he didn't flat out buy it, he shouldn't get bashed on for wanting more info on something, o btw, there are mixed opinions flying around in this thread, so not 100% of this thread is telling him to avoid it... but i am agreeing with the flash pro idea, id just save for that :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
70 Posts
silverbullet07, your answer isnt doing whats right its doing what YOU think is right. im telling him that if he doesnt plan on going for a heavy tune or trying to get alot of hp out of his ride than this product will do the job. your bashing him for not looking at the top of the line product when me might need to buy the top of the line product... and on a side note what the best investment for someones car is a complete opnion, and great example being something like tented windows, cost 200 to be done right and adds so much to the selling value to your car not to mention it being a sell point, all flash pro will do when trying to sell your car is let them know you ran the dog piss out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
I'm not bashing him mr judgemental geez. He didn't research flashpro only this thing. So he's not weighing his options. IMO this is the cheap fix for something our cars need.
Having flashpro doesn't mean the owner drove the piss out of it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.