8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I want to stay emissions legal. I'm looking at the Megan Shorty Race headers, but wondering if it's even worth throwing them on. I've looked everwhere and can't find anything on them with power gains. I'm assuming because the OEM cat will still be on there, it won't change too much of the restriction.

Is there a way to use headers, keep emissions legal, and get a bit of power out of it?

Does the sound change much with a shorty header at all?

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
if your going to get a shorty header its in your best interest to get a HFC. You will minimum gains with just a shorty header. shorty header and HFC will keep you legal. Your best bet is to get the Vibrant header with HFC. You sound like the perfect candidate for it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! You're the first person to respond to the question. Can you buy a HFC seperate from the header itself? If you go that route and pick one of those combos, which is the exhaust to go with?

Do you go with an axleback or catback?

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
i would personally go comptech shorty, to RT HFC, to whatever cat-back you like

and thats full exhaust while staying emissions legal

or like the other guy said....get the vibrant w/ hfc and whatevr cat-back you like *cough*vibrant ftw*cough*

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
i personally have the R/T Cat And Greddy Ti-C exhaust system, I am getting ready to put on the Megan Racing header

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
replacing a functioning cat is illegal under federal law

being able to pass emissions and being legal are two very different things

you will likely pass emissions with no problem with either RT HFC or vibrants RH+HFC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts