8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone happen to know if the hfp coilovers and the mugen coilovers are short stroke or long stroke?

·
Registered
649 Posts
....are there only those two polar options when dampers are built? my immediate reaction is.....no.

i guess my question then would be: why are you asking?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out of curiosity and i want to know all about a product before i spend money on it.

anyways, can anyone else help me with some actual information that pertains to my question?

·
Registered
649 Posts
in regards to your question, i don't believe there is a yes or no answer. i know that i've heard of dampers being shortened because of the spring rate/length was as such (900 lb/in) that it was more appropriate for the damper stroke to be shortened, while having generally the same valving.
- this is a pretty extreme case.

now considering that both the hfp and the mugen kit (especially the hfp) are just uprated/valved variations of the stock suspension and are still intended for everyday use (and are still very near stock ride height), i doubt that such drastic changes in both spring rates and damper valving have been incorporated so that the overall stroke of the damper had been shortened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts