8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey neighbors,

I'm a new Si sedan owner. Picked up an '08 last weekend. One of the immediate mods I will be doing is the short shifter package from either CorSport, or TWM. The package includes the short shifter and the cable bushings.

If anyone in SoCal, close to L.A. has this mod, I'd like to pay a visit If I may, and get to feel first hand what this mod is like. I've read up on this mod plenty. It's just time to experience it now. I'll drive my NSX down, so if you let me drive your car I'll return the favor, if you'd like. I prob won't even need to drive your car. I just want to row through the gears. That should tell me enough.

Thanks in advance

-Simon

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I don't have the Cable bushings, but I do have the base bushings. I'm going to be in one place for 7 hours tomorrow (work) so you can drop by. No need to bring your NSX though, unless you want it stolen. =P

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
The base bushings don't make much of a dif. The shorft shifter and cable bushings are great there's a huge dif once installed.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the Cable bushings, but I do have the base bushings. I'm going to be in one place for 7 hours tomorrow (work) so you can drop by. No need to bring your NSX though, unless you want it stolen. =P
lol, thanks for the offer. I'm leaning towards installing the whole kit at once so I'd like to feel it with the cable bushings. Thanks again though :thumb:

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
im in Lake Forest in Orange county i have the cable bushings, and SS but no base bushings, your welcome to take my car around the corner if i get a ride in the NSX. also im in Santa Ana alot, tommorow for instance.

but its probably too south for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im in Lake Forest in Orange county i have the cable bushings, and SS but no base bushings, your welcome to take my car around the corner if i get a ride in the NSX. also im in Santa Ana alot, tommorow for instance.

but its probably too south for you.
You're right it is a bit too south. Thanks for offering though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woah....Stopped off at my bro's house to swap shift knobs with him for a while. He's got a countersunk VooDoo Magnum ti shift knob with some weight to it.

What a difference! I can't believe how much better the shifting feels. Not only are the throws a bit shorter but the shifting feels more mechanical now compared to stock. It's good stock but there is a bit of a "plushy" feel to it. Swapping out knobs made a noticeable difference.

I'm really curious to see the results of adding everything up; short shifter, cable bushings, and a heavy countersunk knob. :dancing:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
woah....Stopped off at my bro's house to swap shift knobs with him for a while. He's got a countersunk VooDoo Magnum ti shift knob with some weight to it.

What a difference! I can't believe how much better the shifting feels. Not only are the throws a bit shorter but the shifting feels more mechanical now compared to stock. It's good stock but there is a bit of a "plushy" feel to it. Swapping out knobs made a noticeable difference.

I'm really curious to see the results of adding everything up; short shifter, cable bushings, and a heavy countersunk knob. :dancing:
You like what I like in a shift knob, more mechanical feel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts