8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around and have'nt found any out. I called AEM and they said one was'nt in the works. I have a Cold-Air now for my Si, but would like to switch over to a short Ram, b/c of my hydrolock fear, especially living here in south FL.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
As long as the end of the Filter isnt to low to the floor that the water goes in, I think we are fine, but personally, I dont know how low the CAI goes, and I havent seen any pics of it yet. But im gonna try to not drive it when it looks like its gonna rain, thats gonna be my trick ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey guys

I have the CAI on mine, and the filter placement or end of it is tucked VERY snugly by the wheel well, and I can't see it getting submerged at the place it is. On my old car I had a CAI WITH the by pass filter, and it worked like a charm. It was only 80 CAD, BUT you have to cut your pipe in half to install it!!! However, I think you'd be just fine without one. Like I said, Honda did a nice job tucking the filter away.
Cheers

·
Registered
441 Posts
theres been a short ram out since the car was released. I almost bought one but decided to wait for the CAI instead. I called AEM awehile back they had short rams in silver that was it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts