8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a 2007 Civic SI Sedan with about 38k miles. I was thinkin about finally doing some work on it. I was thinking of getting a turbo installed. I live in the Miami area and was wondering if there are any good shops here that will order and install me a complete turbo kit. I was also looking at the different kits like Greddy, AJP, Turbo Specialties, RedShift (corrected) and was wondering what kits have been the most sucessful.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
lol its redshift* not ****. and before you go boost i'd suggest you do plenty of research about what your power goals are. obviously with as many miles as you have its your DD so look at reliablity and long term goals as well before you make a decision. i researched for months before i pulled the trigger on the comptech kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol its redshift* not ****. and before you go boost i'd suggest you do plenty of research about what your power goals are. obviously with as many miles as you have its your DD so look at reliablity and long term goals as well before you make a decision. i researched for months before i pulled the trigger on the comptech kit.
WOW lmfao I just noticed that.. Im sorry for my accidental foul language lmao.. Ill change it.... and my goal is around 250-270whp with good reliability.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
If you just have to go boost right now, I would say either greddy or comptech. Both of those companies are well known and seem to have put out reliable products for the si.

Now, if I was the one in your position and trying to make a decision.. I'd take the cash and just set it aside in a savings acct and just keep adding money to it until kpro comes out. Then I would take the money and look at all my options that were avaliable at that point in time. Maybe you'll save enough money to do a little bit of internal work as well as go boost so you'll have reliability a little more on your side. Plus, you'll be able to upgrade and tune as you wish so if you change your mind about your power goals you can do what you would like.

A buddy of mine jumped straight into an ajp kit and, while it was awesome, the company itself wasn't that good at all and he really didn't think the car would last in the shape it was in. He boosted it @ about 1k miles and it just was so powerful that it simply needed to be able to be tuned for different variations (run lower boost, etc) and that wasn't an option so he traded it in for an 07 sti.

I think the most important factor is to be able to tune it as you wish, which is something that the si just doesn't have. Since it doesn't you have to go with a company that you know has put a lot of work into making sure that the reflash they offer is acceptable and reliable, which is why I say comptech or greddy. The kits have been out for a good amount of time and there are a lot of people here that have gone with both of those kits and very few complaints.

Me, I would go greddy.. But (although I really love the ss/sc and ion rl) I think that supercharging a fwd car just isn't a good idea. It just seems like you're going out of your way to get as much wheelspin as possible. That's just my take on it though.. out of all the people that have gone comptech here I have yet to notice a single one complaining about that so take it as you wish.

Hope that helps. :wavey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.