8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

^^ shoot the dog.-- thats what that is in response too..

Honestly, these forums are going downhill, 2 years ago the people on here were alot nicer and more respectful, ok maybe i did repost, and maybe i asked the question about a 400hp suv vs a 200hp car... u can say we will get beat to **** and laugh all u want, but last night i got to witness a 200hp take a 400hp suv... dont care what others have to think or say. just my thoughts..

ps. insted of being an ass when somebody reposts or asks a question either dont respond? or hmm say something kind and that has a meaning... not just a slack in the face picture.:pat: :box:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
8th Gen is enthusiast heaven compared to g35driver.com. Want to see people mean, nasty and irreverent? Try that site.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i ment compared to when i first joined, all it was was helpful people not a bunch of dicks thinking they know every god damn thing and if it aint there way then its wrong.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I'm tired of checking 8thcivic only to see the same topic but in a different thread. I don't know how many "OMG I SPOTTED A MUGEN SI AT MY DEALERSHIP" type threads this week. We ALL know how they look like, we don't need crappy pictures from your Point and Shoot camera.

Unless you just bought a Mugen SI and you want to show it off, STOP POSTING PICTURES of it from your local dealership

When I first joined 8thcivic 2 years ago, the community was a lot better than it is now. It seems like there's too many kids asking the same questions over and over again :(

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
ohiocivicracer said:
i ment compared to when i first joined, all it was was helpful people not a bunch of dicks thinking they know every god damn thing and if it aint there way then its wrong.
i feel the same way, why do you think the good people have moved on and stopped posting here (ohio in particular). most people on here are disrespectful and smart asses. I have a hard time posting here seriously, so i give the same amount of disrespect to people here. its really starting to be like honda-tech / clusi . Its turned into a swill hole, almost like a cancer of negative attitude.

Now its kids asking the same questions over and over.....and being disrespectful. Hey instead of posting something with content....ill post a smart ass remark or comment.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
BLU BY U said:
i feel the same way, why do you think the good people have moved on and stopped posting here (ohio in particular). most people on here are disrespectful and smart asses. I have a hard time posting here seriously, so i give the same amount of disrespect to people here. its really starting to be like honda-tech / clusi . Its turned into a swill hole, almost like a cancer of negative attitude.

Now its kids asking the same questions over and over.....and being disrespectful. Hey instead of posting something with content....ill post a smart ass remark or comment.
I know what you mean. When I first got my SI, I absolutely lovedddd this website compared to CSi and H-tech because every day the content would be about something different

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Honestly, I think the whole of S2ki is worse. But, yeah, it's mostly the same questions in and out now...

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
You guys need thicker skin. Its pretty rediculous that you let people on an online Civic forum F with your world and effect where you spend time online. It is fairly simple to ignore the smartass comments. Did you go to high school? You could always outwit them with something clever or knowlegable about the topic! :chill:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its not that it bigs me or effects my world, i come on here as a choice to enjoy reading and learn about my car, not to see some smart ass kids make comments that are not needed.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
All I can say is get used to it buddy.

I've been on the forums for a long time as well, and this is just what happens when a community grows to this size. When communities are small, it tends to be a close knit group of people who all know eachother. As communities grow, it becomes decentralized and people become grouped into smaller factions who eventually develop different tastes from others who are in differing groups. You need to learn to deal with others and the fact that the Civic is an economy based car that caters to a younger audience, who typically doesn't share as much respect as the older, more mature crowd does.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts