8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 06 si and I'm looking to get some new shocks, but I want to try something different from OEM so I was wondering what other options are out there
Looking for something that still going to provide a good quality comfort but will give it a little better performance or something.
Never really done any mods before so I appreciate the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a bone stock 06 si and I'm looking to get some new shocks, but I want to try something different from OEM so I was wondering what other options are out there
Looking for something that still going to provide a good quality comfort but will give it a little better performance or something.
I got a set of KYB when I bought my used 08 Si 3 years ago and they are still running great, they are japanese. Monroe are also good quality, I would also recommend considering a set of coilover if you plan on lowering your car in the future. Here is a KYB vs Monroe Post, Hope this helps.
https://www.autoanything.com/resources/kyb-vs-monroe-shocks-which-suspension-brand-is-best/

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would look into KYB shocks which are a good replacement for oem and comfortable for everyday driving. I actually have a set on my car currently. If your looking for a little more performance but still want something comfortable I would go for Koni STRT orange shocks like Cyrus mentioned.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kyb is a plus matched with a good set of shocks and you should be good to go for a while. Do research on what shocks to pair the struts with. Altenatively you can go with a decent coil over set up if your interested in lowing or raising the car to your liking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont have much input on what to get, but I will definitely say stay away from cheaper coilovers. I have and installed Raceland coilovers. I have an 08 Civic lx that came with racelands and ive installed a set on my buddies rsx. Ultimately if you want to be slammed for 400 bucks it works. But the ride is garbage and they are noisy as all else. Also the rear springs for both the rsx and my civic are much larger than anything ive seen, so they are a tight fit sometimes as well as cause tire rub, depending on what tire/wheel combo you are running. You also need to use the oem mounts from your stock suspension, kind of sketch if you've never done it but not the end all be all.

And make sure you get them adjusted all the way around properly (ride height in this case) and installed correctly, otherwise bad things happen lol

Thats my two cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts