8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 06 si and I'm looking to get some new shocks, but I want to try something different from OEM so I was wondering what other options are out there
Looking for something that still going to provide a good quality comfort but will give it a little better performance or something.
Never really done any mods before so I appreciate the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a bone stock 06 si and I'm looking to get some new shocks, but I want to try something different from OEM so I was wondering what other options are out there
Looking for something that still going to provide a good quality comfort but will give it a little better performance or something.
I got a set of KYB when I bought my used 08 Si 3 years ago and they are still running great, they are japanese. Monroe are also good quality, I would also recommend considering a set of coilover if you plan on lowering your car in the future. Here is a KYB vs Monroe Post, Hope this helps.
https://www.autoanything.com/resources/kyb-vs-monroe-shocks-which-suspension-brand-is-best/

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would look into KYB shocks which are a good replacement for oem and comfortable for everyday driving. I actually have a set on my car currently. If your looking for a little more performance but still want something comfortable I would go for Koni STRT orange shocks like Cyrus mentioned.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kyb is a plus matched with a good set of shocks and you should be good to go for a while. Do research on what shocks to pair the struts with. Altenatively you can go with a decent coil over set up if your interested in lowing or raising the car to your liking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts