8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've tried searching for this result on this forum, but there are so many threads to go through. I just need answers.

I know my rear shocks are shot in my 07 Civic Lx Coupe. What brands to folks recommend? I'm not looking for sport stiff suspension. I do a LOT of highway or back road driving. I actually would prefer a comfort ride over performance.

I have heard from several locations that Monroe is something to avoid. I've also heard that KYB is the best for this car.

On Amazon I see several brands: KYB, Monroe, DNA Motoring, SENSEN, Gabriel, Unity Automotive, KLINEO...

Thoughts? Not looking to lower the car. Not looking for stiff. Just a smooth, reliable ride.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would go with Koni yellows, they are adjustable and last a long time. I currently have 200k miles on mine and still ride like a dream.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hi all,

I've tried searching for this result on this forum, but there are so many threads to go through. I just need answers.

I know my rear shocks are shot in my 07 Civic Lx Coupe. What brands to folks recommend? I'm not looking for sport stiff suspension. I do a LOT of highway or back road driving. I actually would prefer a comfort ride over performance.

I have heard from several locations that Monroe is something to avoid. I've also heard that KYB is the best for this car.

On Amazon I see several brands: KYB, Monroe, DNA Motoring, SENSEN, Gabriel, Unity Automotive, KLINEO...

Thoughts? Not looking to lower the car. Not looking for stiff. Just a smooth, reliable ride.
Koni Yellow...

Koni is pretty much the best aftermarket shock for our cars, is it something everybody needs, absolutly not.

He doesn't need ajustable, he doesn't want stiff, even koni orange are equivalent to yellow at softess and are stiffer than stock, not what he wants.

And with the price of a yellow set, he could buy 3 sets of KYB (not that he will need all those...).

·
Registered
416 Posts
True however IMO, a stock style shock will not offer good reliability. For reliability you have to go with the best on the market.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you buy all four this month, KYB has a $60 rebate if you buy the rear shocks and the front "strut plus" quick struts :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
True however IMO, a stock style shock will not offer good reliability. For reliability you have to go with the best on the market.
Still won't go thru 3 pairs of OE replacement in the rest of the cars life so no need to spend more for nothing... And if he was to go with konis, orange would be the right suggestion.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Still won't go thru 3 pairs of OE replacement in the rest of the cars life so no need to spend more for nothing... And if he was to go with konis, orange would be the right suggestion.
I don't know about koni oranges so I can't offer any suggestions regarding those. I also don't know about KYB or OE replacement struts. All I know about are the koni yellows and how they offer me a smooth and reliable ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts