8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to avoid getting rapped for custom, has any one tried using PO boxes in bufferlo area? ship it there, pick it up urself at bufferlo?

any advise from ppl who has good methods of avoiding custom would be appreciated...thx!

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if you want a postal service in buffalo...

cbiusa.com

I've used them... they are good. it's a 10 min drive from the rainbow bridge.
That's the one I usually recommend to friends.

thanks guys!

hey bluetroll, was ur package shipped to cbiusa.com big? how does it work exactly? once u shipped ur product to them, cbiusa will email u to tell u to pick it up? do they have a size or weight limit?

oh i've found this site too: U.S. Address.

p.s. may be we should sticky this...
I've had my exhaust system shipped to them without any problems (and it's as tall as me, if not taller). Basically, $5 for small items, and $10 for oversized ones. Basically you have the item shipped to them, and go pick it up. There's no need to notify them in advance or anything, and they won't call you. As for size limits, I've seen entire boats shipped there. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
601 Posts
When I got wheels shipped up via UPS (from College Hills), the guy suggested I go with "expedited" shipping. It was a little bit more expensive, as far as an initial charge; but the customs and duty and whatnot ARE taken care of. No surprises ($$$) when your stuff arrives.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
WOW i was just about to post in the purchases thread.. but ill post here... i just picked it up yesterday from CBI usa.. their hours on Sat. sucks though... 9-12 ... basically i told them im going to walden galleria... which i actually do after i picked it up.. and then on my way back i would claim some of the stuff up to 100-180 from walden galleria... but this time i didnt get anything from the mall.. only window shopped so i was quite scared... and i didnt want to claim what i got.. cuz its 650+ USD... so yeh... so this is what i did, and got..... just waiting to install them sometime this week...

oh.. and cbi is really good... the only thing that sucks is the neighbourhood is ghetto.. and a lot of pot holes... but yeh they have tons of customers... and they have like a table there for u to unbox, and get rid of ur boxes and stuff before u go back to canada hahaha

**Edit** btw... he said this was only a lil over sized so he only charged me the 5.99 US... so good..... this was in the 60lb range for UPS
good score dude! ya CBI is awesome!

I've got the HFP Suspension too! ENJOY IT!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
You're amazingly lucky that you weren't stopped and searched. Not the smartest thing to do to avoid a mere $85 in taxes. Your car could have been impounded and the suspension seized along with a huge fine and seven year record.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.