8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ship my si wheels and not sure what size box to use. And before you post, I won't be by the wheels to measure until later.

So for you guys that sold/received them, what size box to use?

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
the two times I've gotten them in the mail, they were completely stacked on top of each other and wrapped with pallet wrap (plastic wrap)...all together, cardboard at each end...

the more boxes, the more it will cost I believe

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
I work for a shipping company, your going to want to pack them seperatly. All 4 wheels in box wont hold up during shipping. I would cut cardboard discs out and attach them to the front and rear of the wheels. Use a box if you can, if you cant, wrap them in skrink wrap very well and place in a some sort of big bag. I assume your going to ship the ground, ground shipments take alot of abuse because of the number of times they are handled, going from truck to truck to truck. Make sure you get insurance.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
The box I'm using to put mine in are 19x19x9. They fit perfectly in them, just enough space for me to put this cloth covering on them and then a cardboard piece over it to protect the finish. I boxed them separately, I got the best quote that way. I think if you tied them together there's a good chance they could separate and then they're only responsible for the one box w/ the label on it.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I just found a 18 x 18 x 18 box around and it barrrrely fits on sides but height was perfect.

Hum I might look for that, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.