8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Live, Love, Learn...
55,919 Posts
You need a lock nutt for the shift knob.
or use lock tight on inside of the knob.. its like glue but its for the threads and let it sit to dry.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
dude it once took me 15 minutes to get it to face the right away after taking it off. drink a beer and just mess with it until you get it right

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
my type r knob didnt face foward, i fixed this by balling up tiny lil pieces of paper and stuffing it into the knob and screwd the knob back on till it sits perfect. kinda ghetto but it works great LOL

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just get a jam nut, thread it on the stick first, then you can face the knob any way you want. Even the stock jam nut will work great. Screw the knob down facing the way you want it, hold the knob with your limp-wristed hand, then bring the jam nut under the ball and tighten the nut. How hard can it be?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ok i had the same problem lol...just keep turning it...yes i know its gunna be hard but put some muscle into it and it shoukd eventually turn itself rightside up and be tight as hell so youll have no problem at all

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't know why people here just wanna joke or insult on other people, this is a FORUM, if you don't want to help, shut the ***** up! i'm not an idiot, i know what i have to do, this is my 5th Civic, if i did post this here, is because my issue is away from ordinary, i know how to screw a f***ing knob!!! and that's why i need some ideas, because this one is not ''normal'' i've been trying for days, many ways, different starting points in the screw, but nothing works. So if you are in this forum (not just mine) do something beside bashing and joking. And thanks to the others that actually help.
:facepalm:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts