8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone having trouble shifting to 2nd or to 3rd at redline(7900 rpm), when im driving causually everything shift smooth but when redline it seems like it wont go into gear and it just grinds or maybe its my noobish shifting skills at high rpms????

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
is anyone having trouble shifting to 2nd or to 3rd at redline(7900 rpm), when im driving causually everything shift smooth but when redline it seems like it wont go into gear and it just grinds or maybe its my noobish shifting skills at high rpms????
thread #1002012038928032398432893 like this.

Dude you know the Si's tranny for the most part ain't that great. Why make another thread stating something we already know. Pointless thread.

:readtherules:

:facepalm: :lock:

·
Registered
809 Posts
threads like this all over this site. gotta search it out. But we all feel your pain, nothing you did wrong, its just the way the tranny is, we all have this issue. Though one thing that I find helps, if you can time it right, when you hit the clutch, tap the gas fast as you can and switch to 3rd.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
07 si, i just tested it again a while ago, it wont go into 2nd at all itll just grind at redline, but if i shift it before redline anywhere in vtec it goes in perfect??????
There have been many posts about this issue. :readtherules:

Then don't redline.... You will blow your clutch out if you keep trying to shift into 2nd at redline and all you get is a :vtec: GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

Look into switching your tranny fluid and if that doesn't work you may want to either consider trying this http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/transmission/203074-diy-2nd-gear-grind-fix-clutch-adjust.html

If that doesn't work then you will need a new 2nd gear set and by this time you should need a new clutch.

Admin please :lock:

·
Registered
229 Posts
No you won't blow your clutch out you will wtfpwn your synchros. If you're gonna give someone a hard time at least give the correct info out.

Replacing your gear sets would be expensive. Multi
thousands expensive, if you were to do the whole thing.

Be easy on the shift and it will go. Don't force it; hold it at the gate with light pressure until it slots in. Gotta give these crappy synchros some time to mesh with the gears.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Pointless thread but to asnwer your question, I've had my tranny worked on twice by honda fixing multiple sets of gears. Each time it cost honda $3k.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I drive 09 SI FG2. Never had this issue. Only time I would go right to redline is 3rd gear and above. 1st and 2nd, grind it once in 2nd redline, haven't done it since, I will bring it very close to redline, but not push it right there if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
07 si, i just tested it again a while ago, it wont go into 2nd at all itll just grind at redline, but if i shift it before redline anywhere in vtec it goes in perfect??????

I got an 07 FA5 and i use to have this issue but then i figured out if you push the clutch in all the way and gently guide it into 2nd it will go everytime, you just gotta figure out what works for your car. And o yea, your redline is 8200.:vtec:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts