8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey guys please help me get the right knob for me.. I've had many such as my mugen si oem, si oem, skunk 3, type r (fd2), mugen diff model, and so far none of those made the cut.... here is what I like, a round shape such as my mugen si oem BUT with some weight such as skunk 2. OHHH and IT MUST SIT LOW... can arc make me a happy guy? Or tmw? Blox? Any input will be appreciated... thanks in advanced..
I've got a Blox 490 LE, you'd probably be happy with it. Sits low without the lock nut and it's really heavy, I think it's similar in weight to the Skunk2. Also it's noticeably bigger in diameter than the Arc if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
I've got a Blox 490 LE, you'd probably be happy with it. Sits low without the lock nut and it's really heavy, I think it's similar in weight to the Skunk2. Also it's noticeably bigger in diameter than the Arc if that makes a difference.
I like the size of my oem mugen si, bigger is not what I'm looking for. I want something that sits low ( like blox I guess) small like the mugen si one and heavier than the mugen si one... I know I may sound like a b1tch but I don't want to buy two or three knobs to try them all and then go true the hustle of selling the ones I dislike.. lol but thanks for your input bro.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
Okay so the skunk 2 knob I had was 440 G...... I guess that's what I do like, but round and it has to sit low.... I'm searching and searching many knobs.. I had no idea there were so many out there. Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry if this has been talked about and probably beating a dead horse here...:deadhorse:

But does the R18 shift knob have the same size opening as the Si? Reason being is that my girl wants to get the Arc Titan Shift Knob for her M/T R18 so just wanted to make sure it will fit before dropping $175 on a shift knob.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
630 Posts
sorry for the noob move right now but im new to the car game.
so is heavier the shift knob the better?:facepalm:
its personal preference but most people including myself like a heavier shift knob.. just think about it, if u stand an orange and a bowling ball on top of two different pencils which one will fall over easier???? if that makes any sense? lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
does anyone know if the stock 9th Gen SI shifter knob will fit onto the 8th gen SI shifter? I like the look and feel of the 9th gen shifter knob better then the 8th and you can order it from honda.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you guys know of any company that makes 1.5"(38mm) spherical shift knob? That weights a lot? I want a round shift knob, but the TWM m1 abrams is too big for my hands. And deeply threaded? I kind wished they would make a smaller version because I love my m1.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts
About this Discussion
142 Replies
73 Participants
Toyboxx
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing