8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. The bolt on the shifter that stops the knob from screwing all the way on is stuck. It rotates fairly easily, but doesnt seem to bite onto the threads. Its like its been stripped into that spot and it wont unscrew!

Ive tried locking on it with a crescent wrench and pulling up as i twist and it wont budge. WHAT DO I DO?! I just got this brand new knob but it needs to be ajusted so the label is straight.

Oh knowledable ocho members..help a brotha! :vtec:

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
its about 3/4 of the way down. Ive tried to get it off before to change the shift boot but i said the hell with it and jus left the nut on and replaced the boot around it. Now i need to ajust the nut so my shifter sits so the gear numbers are horizontal

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
it takes force. just put some elbow grease on it cause your probably
just worried about messing up the knob. like when your knob at the bottom
it wont get tight to the point you cant move?

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like, i twist on the new knob..twist...twist...and it stops with the #'s vertical. I wouldnt mind where its at now but the new knob isnt readable and looks stupid as hell since the numbers arent straight.

Trust me, ive used elbow grease...Ive used so much im afraid i might pull the damn stick out of the tranny! No bolt should be THIS hard to get off. It rotates just fine, but it wont bite on the threads above or below it. I just dont understand!

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
It sounds like you are going to have to replace the shifter arm because the threads are stripped in that spot.

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ken! ill look into this...i might just get lazy and resell the new knob and buy one of those flashy M1 Abrams knobs :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts