8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Ex Civic and i got the skunk2 shift knob for christmas. I am making a trip to honda today to purchase that plastic ring that is on the top of the Si Shift boots. I was wondering if anyone knew what to ask for at the parts counter. I have no clue what it is called if anyone could help me out and let me know what it is called that would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm jsut looking at the connector on strutking.com and it looks pretty neat. do you know how it works. it looks like the sift boot connects under the bottom part of it and the knob sits on the top part of the picture?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just got back from honda and they dont sell the 08 shift boot yet... and they dont sell the collar seperatly. The guy at honda thinks that the collar comes attached to the boot so I ordered an 07 Si boot and hopefully when it comes it has the collar attached to it.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
From Honda, the boot and the collar come together as one. They are held together simply by a zip tie. If you turn the boot inside out, you can see the zip tie. The one from Strutking looks pretty nice. I might order one myself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you buy the boot/ring/base assembly, i'll buy the base from you. I could use an extra base so I can buy another boot, and be able to switch boots easily without removing it from the base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.