8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts
a rear defroster would not make the window shatter unless the window was already damaged.... like a small or large crack... or maybe a rock got kicked up by a car going by you at the exact same time you hit the defrost button. Or a dumbass punk shooting a bb gun.
Wrong..tell me that's not a faulty defrost coil that just shattered my window last night.

Attachments

As far as safety concerns and customer service goes, as a civic Si owner I am very unhappy, about a week ago I was driving down a road in my small hometown, It was a little cold out but nowhere near freezing. I decided to turn on my rear window defroster so that my view would be clear to see other vehicles in my surrounding area when I heard a loud POP in the rear of my vehicle. As you can imagine I was a bit shaken up only to find out that the heating element from my window defroster had caused my back window to shatter completely. So I made the issue known to Honda locally and even took the time to pose it as a safety issue to corporate at American Honda and I was rudely shrugged aside by a representative by the name of Keisha and was given no help what so ever. In fact I was told to get my insurance company involved for Hondas own manufacture defect. On top of all of this matter I realized that there were plenty of other newer model Civics in my area that are used as family cars. By the grace of god I didn't have any infants in my back seat, and for that matter I would have loved to have heard Honda's resolution to something of that nature. Speed Test
i do know that a while ago i was drivng and i saw a spark go off from my rear view mirror kinda scared me

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.