8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I've had my car for two years now...the only thing I've had done at the dealership is oil changes and tire rotations. Like $40 every time. All that "inspect" stuff is just a reason for them to charge to $112 for only actually doing two things that involve labor.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Techs only check the other things to upsell heheheh :p

Service your own brakes! Just clean up the pads and carrier and grease them up nice.

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
Yeah i have 63k miles on my car and I have only gotten oil changes and my tranny fluid once cause i was going to amsoil. Besides that i have never had the car in and it runs fine. I might take it in at 100k.

·
Registered
25 Posts
B1 - Can I just tell the dealer to Change my oil and not do the other things on the list? I can do them myself. Besides the oil change, if you don't do the complete list of items, do they void your warranty? (especially the Brake Inspection)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear guy who started the war,
if you would prefer to call yourself "rich" it would be appreciated... But obviously not, becoz your driving an economy car, like me.. We economy car buyers try to save money as much as we can.
But for all you guys who want to do maintenance a, better do it yourself, took me 15 mins. And spend only 24 dollars for 4 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic oil 5w-20. Oil filter is also easy and very cheap.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts