8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious Issue????.. To All Mugen Owners/soon To B Also..

i AM DOING A LITTLE SHOPPING AROUND. and i am looking on ebay and find these below...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...014QQitemZ330190364150QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...002QQitemZ120185221279QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

why are the vin #s at the end going above the 1000 mark..? Any one have any answers.. is honda lieing about the 1000 being made.. i find it odd 2 dealers made a typing error and on ebay when you type a vin i think it also fills in some of the car info..? Go ahead Let the battle begin.. I know alot of instrest will come out of this... and if i had paid 32000 or 35000 for this car i would be on my way to the dealer to get some money back for false advertising.. Do i smell a lawsuit..? Or am i just wasting a forum space..?:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I do not believe the VIN corresponds to the 1000 specific cars, as the one I looked at recently was VIN: 2HGFA55548H701285

Most likely, it's 1000 FBP Si Sedans pulled off the line and modified. A maker CANNOT change the VIN, meaning just because Mugen modifies it, does not give it a new VIN number, it maintains it's original Honda VIN (in fact, if you carfax those vins, they come up as blue honda civic sedans, no "Mugen" designation

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I do not believe the VIN corresponds to the 1000 specific cars, as the one I looked at recently was VIN: 2HGFA55548H701285

Most likely, it's 1000 FBP Si Sedans pulled off the line and modified. A maker CANNOT change the VIN, meaning just because Mugen modifies it, does not give it a new VIN number, it maintains it's original Honda VIN (in fact, if you carfax those vins, they come up as blue honda civic sedans, no "Mugen" designation

this sounds correct

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

This is also how I understand them being made...random Fijis pulled and prepped to magically become Mugens.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So your paying that money for a limited car... and they are not accually #erd..? Why have the vins all had #s under 1000 and now we are just a little above that..? why not then all of them be so far spread out like 00235 and then 07916 and then 05111 they have all been under the 1000 mark untill now ( late ) production term. Yes you may have 1 of 1000 but what 1... theres no real value to limited parts when they are no specific ( being #s) i saw dealers that had acording to vins low #s.. 00007 and they were charging close to 38000 For it because of the low production # ...Wheres college hills maybe they can help...? a real honda dealer? I might make the call to honda my self..

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
So your paying that money for a limited car... and they are not accually #erd..? Why have the vins all had #s under 1000 and now we are just a little above that..? why not then all of them be so far spread out like 00235 and then 07916 and then 05111 they have all been under the 1000 mark untill now ( late ) production term. Yes you may have 1 of 1000 but what 1... theres no real value to limited parts when they are no specific ( being #s) i saw dealers that had acording to vins low #s.. 00007 and they were charging close to 38000 For it because of the low production # ...Wheres college hills maybe they can help...? a real honda dealer? I might make the call to honda my self..
I bet you are right. Its 1 of 1000 made. not individually numbered.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet you are right. Its 1 of 1000 made. not individually numbered.
Well then the car is NOT worth all that money.... The other i thought of i know it is hard for us to get parts... what about the dealer..? Maybe they take a fiji on the lot and make there own..? Just a thought.. But this is like a sports autograh.. its not worth anything unless it is authentic and if theres no way to tell that by the vin...( since it was said if you run the vin! It says civic sedan) Not civic Mugen .. Or sedan mugen.. somthing of that nature... Once people get some of these parts anyone could make there own and say " hey this is limited 1 of 1000 pieces made... Just like i can take a baseball and right Mickey Mantle on it and say "ya he signed this ball... "Strike ONE" for honda!:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

mugen or not the VIN with reflect an FA5 not some special production civic... its simply an FA5

·
Registered
27 Posts
when i brought my mugen the salesman really didnt know what # it was so he asked a sales manager and they said the last few didgets are what # it is so in my case i have #154 but if the #s are going above 1000 then ya they prob just pull a certian amount of cars off the line and put the mugen parts on them then give them the mugen window sticker.The dealer cant just put the parts on the car and sell it as that because they dont make the actual window sticker honda does if u ever look at the bottom of the window sticker it says what dealer the car has been sold to.So i have to think honda just took a certian amount of cars off the assembly line.Ford has a similar production with their mustangs that are sent to saleen but saleen puts their own badge on the car with the stock gt vin#if u were to run the vin on a saleen it shows up as a normal gt theirfore u have to put extra ins on the car to cover all the saleen products since its not directly form ford.When i insured my mugen it came up as a regular civic,so they hv the window siticker to show is a mugen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
For what its worth the old Integra Type R's were not produced in the order their badge said they were and there was no way to track down specifically which # you had.... Similar to the Mugen Si.

·
Banned
6,167 Posts
mugen or not the VIN with reflect an FA5 not some special production civic... its simply an FA5
Exactly what I was going to say. It's counted as an FA5 so it's worthless haha Honda ripped yall off! Go buy a FA5 and put mugen parts on it and it will be more rare than the Mugen FA5. Or buy the Mugen FA5, sell the parts and put OEM parts on there and resell the car as a FA5.

Weren't the Mugen FA5's supposed to be made in one plant not different plants?

·
Registered
106 Posts
1.) You can't buy Mugen parts unless you have a Mugen vehicle. Honda does attempt to keep it exclusive.

2) It has the same engine/transmission and interior as the regular FA5. If you ask me, it's a rip off regardless of cost. There is nothing and will be nothing special about these Civics, and all of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Who cares what the VIN is? It's a regular Civic Si sedan with all show mods - it is neither faster nor better equipped than another Civic.

Who buys this anyway? At some of these prices there are much, much better and nicer cars to be had. I bought my Civic Si Sedan Navi because at $22,695 OTD it was a bargain. It performs very well and is very well equipped for what I paid for it. But at $30k, I expect more from a vehicle than any Civic, Mugen or not, can offer. I'll buy a TL or a TSX at that point, and I think most people feel the same way I do.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.