8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 2008 pontiac g5 with a few little rice mods done to it. I still owe about 7,000 on it but im putting it up for sale very soon to hopefully buy a used civic si. I have:

Tinted windows all the way around (illegal here)
Tinted tail lights
Tinted headlights
No hubcaps
Blacked out Front emblem
Debadged back emblems
And im taking out all of the audio and the radar and everything else like that.

But my main question is for a private sale, what of the "mods" lol, do you think i should take off and return to stock for the most value? Im just trying to trade it in and trying to get a good down payment for a nice used si.

Thanks alot guys,
Nick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know i really like the si's, its just the financial part right now. i dont know how much i will be able to get for the g5 because i still owe about 8 on it. just curious, when i do sell it, will the factory gm warranty still transfer over to the new owner?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Having crap for tuning solutions blows
Not everyone cares that we dont have tuning... and judging by the fact that he doesnt have any performance mods done to his G5, thats probably not the biggest thing hes worried about.

If youre so unhappy with the Si why dont you just sell it and quit bitching and moaning?

On topic:

The only thing I would leave on the car is the window tint. I would return everything else to stock form, if possible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not everyone cares that we dont have tuning... and judging by the fact that he doesnt have any performance mods done to his G5, thats probably not the biggest thing hes worried about.

If youre so unhappy with the Si why dont you just sell it and quit bitching and moaning?

On topic:

The only thing I would leave on the car is the window tint. I would return everything else to stock form, if possible.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Aside from tuning then hmmm....The car creaks more than my 98 ford ranger, when I turn the wheel at low speeds (5mph or less) it sounds like I have that creepy kid from the grudge in my car...taken to the dealership magically they find nothing wrong. Also can't forget the notorious 3rd gear issue. I haven't had that 3rd gear issue, thank god, I was just informing. I just hope if you decide to go through with this you have better luck than I and better dealerships than me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Aside from tuning then hmmm....The car creaks more than my 98 ford ranger, when I turn the wheel at low speeds (5mph or less) it sounds like I have that creepy kid from the grudge in my car...taken to the dealership magically they find nothing wrong. Also can't forget the notorious 3rd gear issue. I haven't had that 3rd gear issue, thank god, I was just informing. I just hope if you decide to go through with this you have better luck than I and better dealerships than me.
sounds like a case of, lack of maintenance and operator error to me... Why would you bother being on a civic site if you are going to bad mouth civics?... Just doesn't make much sense to me

Oh yeah and the Civic would be a great upgrade from the G5... You might want to remove the tint if it is illegal in your state. That might make it harder to sell. Hope you are hoping to break even because I don't see that car bringing much more than you owe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats not too bad then, I didn't look up kbb or NADA or anything... I was just guessing. If that is the case you should be ok then. Go for it! I think you will be happy with the switch I would recommend a 09 FA5 DBP... But thats just me (j/k)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.