8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been poking around on import sites and noticed a few DC5 Integra Type R’s for sale. Before I bought my Si I ruled out the RSX Type S pretty quick because they were just as much as Si’s, had no LSD’s and I like the 8th gen interior better.

The Type R on the other hand has the LSD, Recaros, Brembos, more hp, no one has them where I live and I could probably import one for the same price I could sell my Si for... so should I go for it? Only real down side I can see is driving RHD on Canadian roads

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd maybe look into test driving a RHD if at all possible. Depending on your area you may find it difficult in some instances.

For me personally I live in small town Ontario where having multiple lanes basically doesn't exist so passing cars for example would be very hard when it comes to checking for incoming traffic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd maybe look into test driving a RHD if at all possible. Depending on your area you may find it difficult in some instances.

For me personally I live in small town Ontario where having multiple lanes basically doesn't exist so passing cars for example would be very hard when it comes to checking for incoming traffic.
Where I live most highways have passing lanes, and if not I’ll have another vehicle available so it’s not the end of the world, biggest thing for me is turning left at a big intersection. I’ve asked around and apparently it’s not too bad unless there’s a big truck or something blocking your view.

I think you’ll need octane booster as it’s supposed to run on 100.
I think that’s just in Europe and Japan. Fuel octane is rated differently in North American so 100 octane across the sea would be 92 or 93 octane here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly I like my FA5 over my DC5 but mine wasn’t a Type R it’s really personal preference. The handling on the DC5 isn’t all that great! Plus Acura parts can be abit more expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The DC5R? Not for me.
The DC2R is a g*ddam legend. I would do that in a heartbeat. But hey, it's your call.
Another option would be getting the 4 doors of an FA5. More convenient and slightly more rigid as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
DC5R's still have macpherson struts just like the FG2's and FA5's instead of the double wishbone of the older DC2R's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts