8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Seibon Mg Style Hood a month or two back before it started raining like %$#! (which is pretty rare in So-Cal), and was wondering if a couple inches of rain were to get into the two vents (the left one is right over the fuse box) would cause any short or long term damage:eek:hnoes:. Wanted to ask cause ive been covering these with plastic bags and what not, not knowing if it was worth the effort, if the rain doesnt have any effect at all.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Just got the Seibon Mg Style Hood a month or two back before it started raining like %$#! (which is pretty rare in So-Cal), and was wondering if a couple inches of rain were to get into the two vents (the left one is right over the fuse box) would cause any short or long term damage:eek:hnoes:. Wanted to ask cause ive been covering these with plastic bags and what not, not knowing if it was worth the effort, if the rain doesnt have any effect at all.
The fuse box cover should protect it enough... The only thing that does not need to get wet is the battery and the intake air filter (possibility that non oem short ram are exposed).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha yea, forgot to mention that acouple days back, i did see the battery get a little wet when i checked on it:xyxnervou, thus why i posted this thread. Any issue if the battery gets a little rain water on it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
a batteries charge can not overcome the resistance of water....therefore your battery will be fine. and like stated above the fuse box will protect your fuses....your main battle is corrosion and in cali u should be ok but in Ohio we battle salt...and lots of BS in the winters

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, cool, thx guys for the input. yea, didnt think it was goin to rain like this before i got the hood, otherwise i woulda left the oem one on for a month or two more.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have the same problem, i have the mugen cf hood, i also have a K&N SRI which you can see through the drive side hole. i open the hood and put duct tape the whole length of the opening. ive gotta think of a better way to cover these up though

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you're worried about the battery terminals, you can always just dab a little high temp grease or petrolium jelly on there.

(water actually isn't what causes most of the corrosion, that's actually from gases that leak from the battery... but the grease/vaseline will help with that problem too)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha i remember 2 years ago, in the part of So-Cal i live, it rained for like 50 minutes for the whole YEAR. So now when it rains hard for 2 to 3 days its like where da hell am i.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey tredd do you mind...if u post more pics of your car..cuz i also have a fbp fg2 and i'm getting the MG style...any problems with it?...any fitting issues?...how about the rain?what did u do about the vent?...well...right now..in socal..it rains...a few times....

·
Registered
14,801 Posts
i've ran with this hood for over a 1-1.5yrs and had no problems with rain and i live up in BC, Canada where it rains 80% of the year LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Happy someone addressed the rain issue. I'm getting one for my FA and was a little worried about it. I live in MO so we actually have to deal with rain and ice and what not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts