8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these 2 things coming in on tuesday:dancing: . Is there anything I should keep in mind when I'm installing? I know the hood is cake, but for the trunk I'm not sure exactly what im required to do. I'm also not sure about putting a spoiler on the carbon fiber trunk. Are there any kind of steps I should take when installing ON carbon fiber?:eek:hnoes:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
if it was me, i would leave the spoiler off. the only spoiler i would put on a CF trunk is a CF spoiler and since there is no replica FA5 spoilers made you dont have that option.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, should I be worried about anything while installing the CF trunk?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the hood from what i hear is begligable. maybe 5lbs...10 a tthe most. but teh trunk is a signifigant amount lighter, but again, nothing huge...maybe 15lbs?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats so crazy because when I track my package is says 65lbs.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
yea...but that is how much the CF hood and trunk weigh. to get weight savings you must subtract the weight of the CF hood and trunk from the weight of the OEM hood and trunk.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh i thought you meant thats how much they weigh overall, not how much less they weigh.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
yeah from what ive heard the stock hood weighs close to 40lbs and the cf weighs likem 15 then the trunk is like 30lbs stock and like 18lbs cf if i remember right.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
KameraBoy said:
yeah from what ive heard the stock hood weighs close to 40lbs and the cf weighs likem 15 then the trunk is like 30lbs stock and like 18lbs cf if i remember right.
you heard wrong. a few posts up the shipping weight for the CF hood and trunk is 65 lbs. no matter how you divide it there is no way the total for the CF hood and trunk is only 33lbs. that would leave 32lbs of shipping material...i doubt that.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the HFP Decklid Spoiler, I think I'll use that if anything. I don't think they have a carbon fiber one

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
if it was me, i would leave the spoiler off. the only spoiler i would put on a CF trunk is a CF spoiler and since there is no replica FA5 spoilers made you dont have that option.
you could always get the Cf replica spoiler for the Fg2 and slap that bad boy on. that would look Badass

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
hm..interesting idea, but i cant picture it in my head. would hate to drill holes in a CF trunk and then find out i didnt like the way it looked.:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone got any pictures of a carbon fiber trunk with a spoiler on it? Any kind of spoiler.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got them off procivic.com, just check the site for pricing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts