8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure like a lot of people on this site, they get a little stoked when they see another Si. I have a Fiji Si coupe, so I kind of stand out. I've seen 4-5 of my same car and all of them have been random people that could care less that I drive the same car! I roll up hoping they will look over and be like oh snap another Si, but they just keep driving along like nothing is going on. I've also seen a few Si's with 40 year old women driving them who look like they belong in a Cadillac or Buick.

Anyone else have this happen to them fairly often? I've only met 2 Si owners who have been enthusiasts! I've seen up to 5 in one day :( So many no fun owners.

·
Banned
796 Posts
Maybe they bought their Civic Si's because it was the best bang for the buck. I know a lot of Si owners that don't plan on modifying their car because to them, a car is just a means of transportation from point a to point b. They're just not interested in making their car unique and I understand that. We on the other hand, are lucky to be part of this community where we can share the vast extent of our knowledge of our vehicles. To be honest, they're just missing out on the world possibilities their car possesses.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
^^^same thing when old lady own a vett z06

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^same thing when old lady own a vett z06
Indeed.. I could understand this more so just because Vette's are sex on wheels and are moreso a status symbol than a Civic.. I don't get why someone would pony up for the Si unless they were hell bent on the exterior extras. Although, I have seen Si rims on a R18 sedan.. Unsure if the dealer sold them or if he bought em off an Si owner.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Yeah Im suprised too, a non enthusiast would have an r18 m/t if they really wanted the stick...but spring for the si and not be into it? weirdd

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I get that a lot here in Pittsburgh too...I see one or two every week on the commute to or from work. They never even look my direction. I pulled up past one guy in an ASM FG2, gave a quick honk and wave, and he proceeded to flip me off. WTF.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
<- r18 owner, I love my 30+ mpg nowadays, but it's my daily driver to and from work/etc.

I don't know, maybe they just wanted it just because some dealer told them it was the top of the line civic. Either that or a relative actually owns it and they were just driving it for the day for them.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I'm sure like a lot of people on this site, they get a little stoked when they see another Si. I have a Fiji Si coupe, so I kind of stand out. I've seen 4-5 of my same car and all of them have been random people that could care less that I drive the same car! I roll up hoping they will look over and be like oh snap another Si, but they just keep driving along like nothing is going on. I've also seen a few Si's with 40 year old women driving them who look like they belong in a Cadillac or Buick.

Anyone else have this happen to them fairly often? I've only met 2 Si owners who have been enthusiasts! I've seen up to 5 in one day :( So many no fun owners.
I am not usually a grammar nazi, but this drives me crazy..... It's Couldn't care less...
http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/care.html

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I get that a lot here in Pittsburgh too...I see one or two every week on the commute to or from work. They never even look my direction. I pulled up past one guy in an ASM FG2, gave a quick honk and wave, and he proceeded to flip me off. WTF.
That's cause pittsburgh people are just :lildevil:

:iorun:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lols, they are for the most part, especially when they're driving...I can't stand rush hour around here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah i've gotten the same reaction when i pull up to another si...and their not just old people i get young people as well they just act like any other car ya know. Its like damn man why get this kind of car...should have let someone else buy it that is an enthusiast

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Maybe they bought their Civic Si's because it was the best bang for the buck. I know a lot of Si owners that don't plan on modifying their car because to them, a car is just a means of transportation from point a to point b. [/B]They're just not interested in making their car unique and I understand that. We on the other hand, are lucky to be part of this community where we can share the vast extent of our knowledge of our vehicles. To be honest, they're just missing out on the world possibilities their car possesses.

yes alotta people buy civics b/c of the "bang for the buck" and a point a to point b car. but i dont think ppl would spend the extra money to buy an Si if they were not enthusiasts. i have an Si and i dont plan on modifying it at all, yet i LOVE the drive my car and SAFELY catch up to another Si to say hi.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My stock GG FG2 is my daily drive and I'm always in love everytime I put the keys in and hear the beep beep of my radar det. going off. I would love to put money into her but just got married and moving into an apartment out of the barracks cost $$$. But yeah I've seen a few Si from people up here in the Watertown, NY Fort Drum area that just seem to have got their car to street race anyone and everyone and all around seem to just have a bad attitude. When I see another Si I'd prefer to drive beside them or behind them in harmony. Not hear them grind 3rd and shoot off.

Although I do love :vtec: :)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I've seen several other Si's / reg civics out and only one person has cared. Most of them are mid-20 year old guys who just ignore me and the fact that we share the same car :( I did see a girl around my age with a Silver FA5 about a week or two ago and she absolutely freaked out and started pointing at my car. Think she mighta been with her dad too..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
haha funny thread i get stoked when i see another Si, I saw a Fiji this morning and i waved. The dude in the car gave this look like "what the **** you looking at"! i was like geeez!

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I had ONE person i didnt know check out my ride. i pulled in a gas station, and he was just leaving in a silver si. as soon as i parked, he circled around, and asked me a few question, then parted.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i get the same thing, pull up next to an si only to get looked at like your dumb for checking out thier car, they look at you like your some freak it is so lame.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts