8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!

Strange question:

I have a concealed carry permit and I need to mount some sort of holster within easy right hand reach of the driver's seat. This is all perfectly legal here in my state. My question is, has anyone else mounted a holster on either side of the center console--or anywhere else in this Civic? What kind of holster? Where? How? Does it serve its function properly from that location?

Right now I have a hip holster hanging from its belt strap, which is hanging over the passenger side of the console in front of the auto shifter, and fastened around the ebrake handle. Seems to be a decent location but the pistol swings when I brake and isn't stable for a quick draw. Suggestions, without making holes in the console using this setup?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always thought that people who carried guns--even legally--were just asking for trouble. But the 2nd Amendment allows me to defend myself using a firearm.

When my step daughter recently started seeing a drug dealer who has several felonies, and he started beating her and shooting his illegal gun outside her home recently, I decided to make it possible for me to defend her, my wife, and my grand kids by getting a gun and getting proficient with it. Since then, my wife has also gotten her concealed weapons permit.

I use to think that gun control was a good idea--until my eyes were opened and I realized that it is true that gun control only stops legal gun owners from defending themselves. This drug dealer is a felon and cannot legally carry a gun--but that doesn't stop him from carrying one everywhere he goes--and shooting it irresponsibly whenever he wants to to serve his purposes.

So, the answer to your question is: Maybe.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I say, exercise your right to carry a concealed weapon before it gets taken away by this administration. This way you will add to the numbers of responsible, law-abiding citizens whose eyes are open. Maybe you can explain to others how your eyes were opened to the sanity of allowing responsible, law-abiding citizens to defend themselves--and the insanity of making it ILLEGAL for these same responsible, law-abiding citizens to protect themselves. Getting a concealed weapon permit for your pistol, going through the hoops of taking the day-long class (that costs $100-$350), having a good record and allowing the Sheriff's Department to do a background check, and paying another $100 for the CCW license, proves that concealed weapons carriers are the kind of people who can be trusted with a weapon, as opposed to the lawless felons who shoot and kill whomever they please and could care less about a permit. In fact, they would LOVE it if it was illegal for us to carry or own a firearm! This has actually happened in England and Australia--and now violent crime is WAY up in every category! In Switzerland, EVERYONE must own at least one automatic weapon--and crime is nonexistant.

Ignorance is a terrible thing.

Wow--I sure didn't mean for this thread to take this route! But it is a non-weapon forum, so I guess I should have expected to have to explain myself! :)

OK--back to my question... Anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Look around. I saw a car holster that attaches to the front seat rail bolt and it extends to the position you want it. I personally haven't tried it because I would rather have my pistol on me.

I also found the Kingston car seat holster and the Seat Buddy.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I had the same sort of situation. Only time I keep my firearm on me is if I have my shoulder holster on. Other than that it's almost impossible to draw from an OWB/IWB holster. I just take it out of my belt holster and place it in the center console holster for the drive.

So I got an cheap belt holster and took some superglue and glued the it to the side of the center console (inside of course), you could probably even put a small screw in there. I placed it so that the barrel side of the holster touches the bottom of the compartment. You may want to practice drawing it from there a few times. I am a lefty so I just open it up with my right and grab it with my left.

I carry a walther PPS which is pretty small and light so this works just fine. Then again there was that time when I opened it up to plug in my phone and my passenger goes.."WTF".

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I personally don't own a pistol yet, but just in thinking about your question, I know where I'd want mine mounted. Directly beside my right knee, somehow mounted to the side of the console area

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
do you like the pps? i am thinking about picking one up but have heard their quality has began to slack the last several years? i carry a p99 .40
I like it for the size and ability to concealm, it has only jammed up when I used cheap walmart ammo. For a range gun it's not too fun because of small clip size. My XD is more fun for that with 16 round clips.

I personally don't own a pistol yet, but just in thinking about your question, I know where I'd want mine mounted. Directly beside my right knee, somehow mounted to the side of the console area
I don't know how the laws are there, but here it must be "in a closed compartment".

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I don't know how the laws are there, but here it must be "in a closed compartment".
I don't know how big, or compact your gun is, but you could always get the CSX center console cover. Then it's is a "closed compartment". Assuming your gun would fit in there.

Edit: Or do they mean closed compartment, as in locked, and secure?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I had the same sort of situation. Only time I keep my firearm on me is if I have my shoulder holster on. Other than that it's almost impossible to draw from an OWB/IWB holster. I just take it out of my belt holster and place it in the center console holster for the drive.

So I got an cheap belt holster and took some superglue and glued the it to the side of the center console (inside of course), you could probably even put a small screw in there. I placed it so that the barrel side of the holster touches the bottom of the compartment. You may want to practice drawing it from there a few times. I am a lefty so I just open it up with my right and grab it with my left.

I carry a walther PPS which is pretty small and light so this works just fine. Then again there was that time when I opened it up to plug in my phone and my passenger goes.."WTF".
rotfl

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.