8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I have purchased Streetglow's 7 Color L.E.D Underbody Light Kit with the Wheel Well Set. There is a feature where you can connect the SG Alarm wire to your alarm so that when your car alarm is active, it will blink the front and rear L.E.Ds every other second or something of that nature. I'd really like to get this feature hooked up but don't know where the security alarm wires are located.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andre

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I'm all about the clean look etc; which is why I haven't purchased any stupid eBay HID kits or wings or whatever...but seriously...a blue light blinking every other second in the front and rear of the car is considered "Ricer"...?

The Streetglow kits use very low power and probably use just a pinch more power than the in-car security light/s that blink when the alarm is active.

I believe it's somewhere around the radio harness (for the alarm (-)) just trying to get a better idea. Here is the PDF for it.

http://streetglow.com/products/instructions/sgl100mc.pdf

Thanks,
Andre

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
hey andre, i have the same streetglow setup. i love it. check out my thread to see some pics of mine hooked up. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39150&highlight=rockin+ralley+red
if you want some more picks just tell me what, and ill post em up. but i am wanting to hook mine up to my new viper alarm. to tell you the truth, im very sure that the guy that installed mine hooked mine up to the 12v. in the console. i mean, its only led's, they dont need hardly any power. good luck

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heya!

Yeah I remember you, I had PMed you a bit ago about them haha and eventually went and purchased them. I got the Fiji Blue with basically an all blue setup. Already have interior done in lights now getting the kit added on.

I have been thinking that those lights blinking every other second or whatever is a good and/or bad thing.

Good that it looks cool (if you are paying any attention anyways) and it may deter thief's because they will know it has an alarm.

Bad that it does blink because that could attract attention...and then that may make your car seem like a better 'prize' because not only do you get an Si that's all decked out (haha =/) but you also get underbody light kits which USUALLY mean they have at least some other mod...

I dunno...either way, I will NEVER drive with them on and only cut them on when I am 'showing off' my car. I don't think it's ricer at all.

-Andre

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
not rice at all. but i hate the term rice anyways. but thats a whole new discussion. ill post up some picks of where my controller is tomorrow if i get some time. keep me up to date!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I clicked on your thread and saw that you have the controller under the CD area in that little pocket thing. It sucks that SG doesn't have an LED viewer or something to where you can see what color you have on out there and what pattern.

I had this cheap Plasmaglow 2.1mil set before on my eclipse and even that had a very nice LED controller.

Streetglow said they will be coming out with a new controller that can be used with a remote in a few weeks, but it'll be an optional accessory...blah.

-Andre

·
Registered
61 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
well... as much as i would have to suggest not doing this so that your car doesnt end up here:http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43422
also, that will probobly kill your battery VERY fasy.

the only place i can think of tapping into would be the light that blinks on your dash for the alarm, next to the speedometer.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Andre07FG2NBP said:
I clicked on your thread and saw that you have the controller under the CD area in that little pocket thing. It sucks that SG doesn't have an LED viewer or something to where you can see what color you have on out there and what pattern.

I had this cheap Plasmaglow 2.1mil set before on my eclipse and even that had a very nice LED controller.

Streetglow said they will be coming out with a new controller that can be used with a remote in a few weeks, but it'll be an optional accessory...blah.

-Andre

yea it looks very stock having that controller inside that pocket under the radio. but supposedly i bought that last model of the controller where the intaller took off a little oval plate on the front and it shows the colors and patterens of the actual tubes. i would love to have that new remote. then i can show it while im outside. do you know if streetglow is going to make any interior l.e.d. tubes that will change colors. i would like to have something that would connect to my underglow and be in sequence to the exterior. kinda a matching exterior and interior in sync. lemme know how everything goes man. good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts